• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Cook
Hameed
Jennings
Root
Stokes
Bairstow
Moeen
Woakes
Rashid
Broad
Anderson

Something like that. The batting is deep enough that they probably don't need an additional batsman, and there's already 4 seamers, so they may as well keep picking Rashid for another option.
Yeah, that's the XI that's been bounced around here once or twice. I'll let others work out the best order for 1 to 3 and 5 to 7.
And I do like having Root back at 4.

Lets just hope that Hameed and Jennings don't mess things up by having rotten times of it in the CC before the home tests.

Shady Slim

International Coach
rashid got the wickets but still bowled trash for the most part imo, don't think i've seen such filthy wickets since the steven finn one day hat trick

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
rashid got the wickets but still bowled trash for the most part imo, don't think i've seen such filthy wickets since the steven finn one day hat trick
He was bad but less bad than expected. Was England's best spinner though that's not saying much. Bowled some really good deliveries that didn't get him wickets but the filthy ones did.

Shady Slim

International Coach
He was bad but less bad than expected. Was England's best spinner though that's not saying much. Bowled some really good deliveries that didn't get him wickets but the filthy ones did.
tbf just as you'd expect from a wrist spinner

rashid deserves a run so i can watch more of his ***y as ****, wristy batting.
you'd have to say that's counterbalanced by his ugly as **** wristy bowling action
"the man in the back was a-ready to crack as he raises his hands to the sky"

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
He was better when Saqlain was spinning coach. The ECB in their infinite wisdom decided about one week suffices for a spinning coach.

Shady Slim

International Coach
i'll rag on anderson a little bit just because i can has he done anything this year bar feast on sri lanka

which mind you still requires skill and effort but he hasn't been spectacular of late at all, and him always being in and out really disrupts team balance and how settled it is just as much as the travails of say woakes imo

mackembhoy

International Debutant
I don't trust him to get fit and stay fit long enough to get back into the side. We missed Broad and Anderson at their best.
Yeah it is the case in sport when a player gets recurring injuries it tends to plague them till they retire early.

I pray he can shake it with the latest set of operations. Cos he has something England have struggled to produce consistent 90mph+

mackembhoy

International Debutant
shame he's an absolute moron who played for durham knowing full well that he was injured.
He didnt know he'd broken his foot. But if FTECB had given the unjust punishment to Durham prior to that game he'd have not played.

He's going on the pace programme to South Africa with another Durham lad Coughlin. Bloody Durham producing England cricketers let's punish them.

Last edited:

Compton

International Debutant
Wood shouldn't come back in to the side because there's not currently room for him. There's already Woakes, Stokes, Broad, and Anderson; all of whom deserve to play.

Compton

International Debutant
He didnt know he'd broken his foot. But if FTECB had given the unjust punishment to Durham prior to that game he'd have not played.
He may not have known he'd broken his foot, but that doesn't necessarily mean he didn't know he was injured.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Wood shouldn't come back in to the side because there's not currently room for him. There's already Woakes, Stokes, Broad, and Anderson; all of whom deserve to play.
We'll need Wood for the Ashes. You're right but I think we have to find a way for him if fit.

Gonna need to rotate anyway as we play 14 tests in 8 months.