• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
i missed the play since lunch too. There is a limit to how much hot star coverage you can get through when at work. :p

england batted well, india bowled decently for the most part, and it is a road. Catching was horrible and jadeja and mishy were definitely not in good form today. Otherwise we might have seen a more even 300/6 sort of day. England have very capable batsmen till 11 and it will be hard work but for some reason i am seeing a bit of a collapse tomorrow from england.

and given that we have always started well in the recent series against england, only to go on to stink up the joint later, i hope this series is a happy reversal of that trend.

edit: Didn't know that word was banned. I pay to watch matches live on my mobile, damnit.
:d

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He was always a world class captain in LOIs though. I thought he will do this post CT but guess he wants Virat to use the CT exp before the WC with both being in England.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Good move, but is he still the best wicketkeeper batsman?

His keeping is probably still good enough but I have big doubts about his batting, given his eye seems to have gone as he looked horrid in previous series.. could neither time the ball or place it in gaps..

Shri

Mr. Glass
Good move, but is he still the best wicketkeeper batsman?

His keeping is probably still good enough but I have big doubts about his batting, given his eye seems to have gone as he looked horrid in previous series.. could neither time the ball or place it in gaps..
Didn't he recently promote himself up the order to #4? Seemed to find some form too iirc.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kohli will be so much better. I expect the Indian ODI side to be fighting with Aust for the no.1 spot in the rankings under Kohli, currently ranked 3rd equal with NZ.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Lol.. we will be lucky if Kohli is as good as Dhoni as a limited overs captain.
Yeah Dhoni's Test captaincy was never going to be that hard to eclipse but his limited overs captaincy was excellent. I feel it's become a bit underrated on CW due to his mediocre to decent Test captaincy; the same happened with Ponting.