• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

indiaholic

International Captain
Knew we were going to win when we saw the body language etc... As i said, not too bad.. But could have been nicer.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I missed the comments, & sounds like they weren't the best, but there is a certain amount of irony reading Australian's calling others out for stupid, immature, derogatory, cheap & generally unnecessary comments about opposition players. Aussies have made a living out of it.
Burgey being Australian doesn't make his opinion on the subject invalid.

Burgey

I missed the comments, & sounds like they weren't the best, but there is a certain amount of irony reading Australian's calling others out for stupid, immature, derogatory, cheap & generally unnecessary comments about opposition players. Aussies have made a living out of it.
There's a certain amount of irony in a Kiwi posting about teams playing winning cricket.....

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kohli's having a field day :laugh:

Comments in Hindi on Jimmy's supposed comments - "The scoreboard says all that needs to be said".

Winning.

centurymaker

International Captain
Virat Kohli on the difference between the two side: "It's about the application. We spoke about this and we have worked on our defence.

"If you don't have a good defence in India it's very difficult to counter the bowling we have. We sensed they don't have enough faith in the way they go about their innings.

"We knew it's only a matter of time, we take a couple of wickets and they crumble quickly. We knew it wouldn't be long."

"Batting was a test of patience. Once you get momentum you can thrive on the deliveries. I thought England had a spinner less. Once they tired you knew the bad balls would come your way.

"We sensed that they were trying to stop runs rather than take wickets so we went after them hard. It was a brilliant cricket wicket."

He was speaking in a calm tone ftr and was only being frank. The sort of things that the experts say in their analysis/discussion.

Zinzan

Burgey being Australian doesn't make his opinion on the subject invalid.
Of course it doesn't, still seems a touch ironic given I don't recall (and i might be wrong) ever reading him call out Australians for their ongoing thuggish off the field comments forever.

Burgey

Of course it doesn't, still seems a touch ironic given I don't recall (and i might be wrong) ever reading him call out Australians for their ongoing thuggish off the field comments forever.
Well then your memory ain't that great.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Virat Kohli on the difference between the two side: "It's about the application. We spoke about this and we have worked on our defence.

"If you don't have a good defence in India it's very difficult to counter the bowling we have. We sensed they don't have enough faith in the way they go about their innings.

"We knew it's only a matter of time, we take a couple of wickets and they crumble quickly. We knew it wouldn't be long."

"Batting was a test of patience. Once you get momentum you can thrive on the deliveries. I thought England had a spinner less. Once they tired you knew the bad balls would come your way.

"We sensed that they were trying to stop runs rather than take wickets so we went after them hard. It was a brilliant cricket wicket."

He was speaking in a calm tone ftr and was only being frank. The sort of things that the experts say in their analysis/discussion.
It reads all fine other than the knowing they'd crumble quickly line. That was a bit dickish and uncalled for.

Zinzan

Well then your memory ain't that great.
Happy to stand to be corrected, never seen it. If you are indeed consistent & you've called Australian out for their typically thuggish & childish off-field comments, then credit to you,

Burgey

Haha, yeah that's the same thing. Nice one.
It's precisely the same thing as you saying it's ironic anyone from anywhere can't comment on the actions of players from other countries because those from their own make stupid comments.

Zinzan

It's precisely the same thing as you saying it's ironic anyone from anywhere can't comment on the actions of players from other countries because those from their own make stupid comments.
See my post above, if you're genuinely consistent, then that's fine.

Burgey

Happy to stand to be corrected, never seen it. If you are indeed consistent & you've called Australian out for their typically thuggish & childish off-field comments, then credit to you,
I don't expect you to go back and look at posts from however long ago mate, because that's a lot to ask. But as an example, Warner's comments on Trott when he left here during the last Ashes series were something I had a crack at him about. There are probably others, but tbh I can't remember myself right now.

It doesn't matter anyway, and I don't want to clog up a tour thread with this sort of thing, because it's a great day for Indian fans and the thread should be about how well they've done in this series.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty poor display by England this match.

Ashwin and Kohli have really become greats atleast at home.

Zinzan

I don't expect you to go back and look at posts from however long ago mate, because that's a lot to ask. But as an example, Warner's comments on Trott when he left here during the last Ashes series were something I had a crack at him about. There are probably others, but tbh I can't remember myself right now.

It doesn't matter anyway, and I don't want to clog up a tour thread with this sort of thing, because it's a great day for Indian fans and the thread should be about how well they've done in this series.
Fair.