• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
These reverse-swinging spells from Shami when the spinners need a break, or aren't getting much help are absolute gold. Did it once or twice in the NZ series as well.

Dan_M_Bali

U19 Debutant
These reverse-swinging spells from Shami when the spinners need a break, or aren't getting much help are absolute gold. Did it once or twice in the NZ series as well.
I agree with you that it is poor captaincy from Kohli. Needs to learn the game in the subcontinent. When and where to bowl his seamers.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I don't think we will fight as hard as England have here if we tour England now. Not much between sides that tour atm.

Shri

Mr. Glass
The ball is eight overs old. Its just swing, not reverse. Gets on my nerves.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think we will fight as hard as England have here if we tour England now. Not much between sides that tour atm.
Yes, we capitulated badly in the last 3 matches in 2014. It was a minnow-level effort TBH. That pissed me off way more than the fact that we lost. Impressive from England.

Shri

Mr. Glass
If Ash takes 5 here, who would you give the MotM to? Kohli or Ash? 50 plus a 10 fer or what the other guy did?

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
On another note, think the success of this England side indicates what the 90s South African side could have achieved, had it not been for the great Aussie side of the late 90s. The strength in numbers in batting, the one or two greats around whom the team is built, utility cricketers all the way, defensive captain and mindset, hate giving away runs and loves to stay in control of the game, more likely to win through persistance than just brilliance... I feeI you need a side as great as that Aussie line up to consistently get on top of this English side. And its no wonder why INdia struggled the most at home against the similar kind of South Africa side in the late 90s at home. They don't let us play the game we want to play, either with bat or ball. I still think there is too much theory and too many cooks around this England side, esp. because I think overall, this side is actually more talented naturally than the RSA side of the 90s, but they will still be a mighty tough to beat in most conditions across the world. And right now, that is as good a way as any to be the #1.
That saf team was still a damn sight better for me. Pollock n Donald themselves are 2 atgs, much better than Broad and Anderson. Both teams have a meh middle and top order so there's not much in it but McMillan saved them many times down the order.