• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't know what it is about the England set-up that kind of drags players away from being exceptional and brings them back to mediocrity.

Root is going that way. Cook was averaging 50 for a spell and is back to high 40s.

England have not produced a single great player in my lifetime. Whereas pretty much every other country has a few you could pick out.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Don't know what it is about the England set-up that kind of drags players away from being exceptional and brings them back to mediocrity.

Root is going that way. Cook was averaging 50 for a spell and is back to high 40s.

England have not produced a single great player in my lifetime. Whereas pretty much every other country has a few you could pick out.
take this **** to the breakfast thread

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

What exactly is the big deal between an average of 47 and 50 again?

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Cricket needs to set a standard for ODI pitches that are actually conducive to proper contests, not see which batting lineup can outthrash the other on a Mickey Mouse pitch.

Pitches need to have something in for the bowlers, this is just a crap brand of T20.

And T20 by its nature will always allow bowlers to play a part because the batsmen have to go after everyone.
It's not India's fault that the f***s in charge changed the whole ODI game after India won the world cup in 2011.. They f*****g introduced playing with 2 new balls... and you wonder why the scoring has gone up dramatically! Its not just in India, but also in England, NZ, SA, Australia etc...

It's utter b****** that SC teams have quietly agreed to this new ODI setup which greatly hinders their strength, which is spin bowling with the slightly older ball. It has also more or less eliminated possible reverse swing. Previously we would see spinners able to contain & pick up wickets in the middle overs, but now with the harder ball, wtf do we see?? Two hard new balls ALL match ...flying to all corners on flat odi pitches..

This scam reminds me of what they did with field hockey and turned it into a ridiculous game of speed, strength and stamina... instead of skill that it initially was.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Buttler to come next. Would we have been better off getting in a few quiet overs while keeping these two in? :ph34r:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
To be honest, the good spinners are still good - it's just exposed the Raina's, Head's, etc. who were able to roll out some part time stuff in the middle.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Buttler's an absolutely massive wicket. Well capable of taking England home from here.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Buttler has to bat 5 imo. He's your gun bat. He ain't some hack who has to bat 6 or 7 and finish the innings off. Your wasting too many balls on inferior bats up the order. He needs more responsibilty, not less.

Like I don't know how often this has to be said. He's too good for 6. Drop the gloves if you have to but he's the guy that could win you a world cup.

SOrry for the posts which then got deleted. I had a problem with edititing post.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Do two new balls help with the dew? Is it easier to grip a new ball that is wet as a spinner as opposed to an older ball that has become damp?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Possibly, but he'd be competing with a few good candidates for that 5th-8th spot.

Probably 6th or 7th for me after

Viv
AB
Kohli
Tendulkar
Bevan

Then anyone of Dhoni, Abbas, Amla, Hussey competing for the 6th - 7th spot. Probably Dhoni 6th.
de Villiers doesn't belong in that company.

srbhkshk

International Captain
I know Morgan will improve his rate if he bats longer, but such innings can be disastrous for the team during a big chase if you get out on 25(32) or so, should go at least run a ball imo.