• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
England still have a reasonable chance of winning this tbh, the ground is ultra small & outfield is very quick, and add to that the dew factor.. makes it entirely possible for this big total to be chased as long as wickets are kept in hand.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bumrah's figures not doing him justice. Edit: Scratch that :happy:

In other news, "anything down leg side is a wide nowadays".

ImpatientLime

International Regular
So you're comparing players' stats from the past two years, where ODI scores have been higher by a distance than ever before, with one player's stats from the four years previous. Presumably they are also stats from the whole innings as opposed to the opening spells. All of those bowlers, Willey and Woakes especially, have been required to bowl at the death, which Jimmy rarely ever did.

I don't think stats are likely to tell the full story here. The point is, what we don't require as of this moment is yet another bowler who can start their spell economically, or like Willey take early wickets, before being useless in the middle and death overs, leaving the burden on the other four main bowlers. That's what Jimmy will do. He isn't what we need right now.
jimmeh.PNG

ok even if you just look at the last 4 year period in which he played odi cricket, his performances are so far ahead of everyone else.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No idea why people make comments like this. Aesthetically and technically he is better that loads of batsmen in both teams.
It's because he's been making me taste it ever since I compared him to that muppet who opens for the Windies, Johnson Charles.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cricket needs to set a standard for ODI pitches that are actually conducive to proper contests, not see which batting lineup can outthrash the other on a Mickey Mouse pitch.

Pitches need to have something in for the bowlers, this is just a crap brand of T20.

And T20 by its nature will always allow bowlers to play a part because the batsmen have to go after everyone.

91Jmay

International Coach
It's because he's been making me taste it ever since I compared him to that muppet who opens for the Windies, Johnson Charles.
Ha fair, it is mostly England commenters who I usually see say it. I don't think he is amazing or anything but he is a pretty useful ODI opener.