• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in Bangladesh

FBU

International Debutant
England Lions UAE squad

Andrew Gale (captain, Yorkshire)
Ian Bell (Warwickshire)
Michael Carberry (Hampshire)
Michael Lumb (Hampshire)
James Taylor (Leicestershire)
Craig Kieswetter (Somerset)
Steven Davies (Surrey)
Peter Trego (Somerset)
James Tredwell (Kent)
Adil Rashid (Yorkshire)
Sajid Mahmood (Lancashire)
Chris Woakes (Warwickshire)
Steven Finn (Middlesex)
Steve Kirby (Gloucestershire)
David Wainright (Yorkshire)

Is anyone surprised to see Bell in the Lions squad? :blink:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Awesome that Gale is the captain, he hasn't written much at CW lately..

Yeah, very odd to see Bell there.

King Pietersen

International Captain
It's a One Day and T20 tour prior to the Bangladesh series, makes sense for Belly to prove himself as a limited overs player and stay in good nick before the Bangladesh series. Think he could get back into the ODi side tbh. Has a good ODi record, and had an excellent season for Warwickshire last season. Be good for Kieswetter to get a few runs with the Lions in the Limited Overs games to get himself into contention for the T20 and ODi sides as well.

As for the squads for the Bangladesh series, the BBC article said this:

"The full Test and one-day squads will be announced after the completion of the Test series in South Africa on 18 January"

Dunno where you got that stuff about them being announced today GIMH :p

Last edited:

The_roc

U19 Captain
England Lions UAE squad

Andrew Gale (captain, Yorkshire)
Ian Bell (Warwickshire)
Michael Carberry (Hampshire)
Michael Lumb (Hampshire)
James Taylor (Leicestershire)
Craig Kieswetter (Somerset)
Steven Davies (Surrey)
Peter Trego (Somerset)
James Tredwell (Kent)
Adil Rashid (Yorkshire)
Sajid Mahmood (Lancashire)
Chris Woakes (Warwickshire)
Steven Finn (Middlesex)
Steve Kirby (Gloucestershire)
David Wainright (Yorkshire)

Is anyone surprised to see Bell in the Lions squad? :blink:
So how does this work exactly? If you're in the Lions squad does it mean no Bangladesh, or if you do well can you get bumped up to the full One day squad?

King Pietersen

International Captain
Well, the Lions tour finishes just as the Bangladesh tour begins, so I guess Bell, Rashid and any of the other top performers will get bumped into the full tour squad.

Woodster

International Captain
So how does this work exactly? If you're in the Lions squad does it mean no Bangladesh, or if you do well can you get bumped up to the full One day squad?
Think they've already said that Tredwell will be leaving the Lions party early to join up with the full squad in Bangladesh, whether that may be the case with a few others when the full squad is announced, I don't know, maybe Tredwell is the only one from these going to Bangladesh for the ODI's.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I wouldn't make any major changes. Possibly rest Collingwood and Anderson, but that's it. Strauss is England captain, it's a full-time job, he should play. I'd like to see us play an XI of:

Strauss
Cook
Trott
Pietersen
Bell
Prior +
Rashid
Broad
Swann
Davies
Onions

Could have gone in with the extra batsman, but we might as well give Rashid a go, but keep Swanny in place. Still got good enough depth of batting with Swanny still at 9 as well. I'd like to see a young batsman or 2 get into the squad also, someone like Eoin Morgan or James Taylor.
*Shakes head* Sidebottom surely..

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hey Woodster, still content with England resting Strauss, KP, Swann and the other 3 first team players you mentioned earlier?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Squad getting announced later?
Tomorrow, I think.

Shouldn't expect too many changes for the test squad. May want to rest Collingwood (I wouldn't) but aside from that, no one else warrants a rest. Hope Morgan tours and a bolter like Steven Finn.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Judging by the way Strauss maladroitly avoided Athers's question ("Now's not the time to talk about it, we'll talk about it tomorrow") about just now I think it's a fair guess the skipper won't be touring.