• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think it is the worst squad. Like pretty much everyone else I would have gone Leach or Rayner over Ansari but can kind of see what they are doing with Batty.

Really good to see Duckett in the squad and hope he opens with Cook, more than happy with Hameed being the squad though, first time in ages that we have been able to pick some openers that are actually worth getting excited about

Burner

International Regular
I disagree. He's had 1 whole month of rest since his last game till the first match of the Bangladesh tour. More than enough if you ask me.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Still not a bad idea resting him, the one day series in Bangladesh is the lowest priority of the winter schedule so not a bad shout if you ask me.

Burner

International Regular
Let's call it a vacation then. He does not need a 'rest.' The human body and health is not something that fades match by match.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's clearly been suffering with back-pain, why the hell anyone would think a bit of rest for that would hurt is beyond me, but ho-hum.

Burner

International Regular
I am a bit pissed because I was looking forward to this series and England are not playing their best player in it.

Daemon

They're really hyping up Hameed aren't they? From a quick youtube it's not hard to see why I guess.

flibbertyjibber

They're really hyping up Hameed aren't they? From a quick youtube it's not hard to see why I guess.
To be fair he is a bit like Cook and Root in that the hype about him has been around a while before he even made his first class debut. If he makes a similar impact as the other two in international cricket then we are sorted with a top 3 for a long time.