• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CWXI in England Discussion and Results

Cloete

International Captain
Re: Re: Breaking News : Board inquiry

Originally posted by Rich2001 Morning All

Well it was a very dissapointing result and after the match I sat down with the lads and went through the game and we were all pretty decided where we lost the game.

It was late on in our 2nd inngs when this happened:

Neil Pickup lbw b. Butcher 36 43 8 0 83.7%

Now normally this would be a good thing for our number 11 to score 36 runs, however as most know Neil has become the wipping boy of the batting and unfortuantly the lads couldn't stop laughing for the next day and as a result the concentration was no where to be seen and the many dropped catches proved costly.. Also I think it didn't help when my Vice Cap went running into the English dressing room and started shoutting, "HAHA your all rubbish, you let Neil score 36 you should be ashamed of yourselves" - I think it could have just pummed them up more, who knows.

Oh ok well maybe that wasn't the real reason so I'll be serious again now.

Basically over the game we did well and were dominating alot of the periods, but just let all the pressure built up off in their 2nd inngs. However as captain I take full responsiblity for the result and there are most certianly areas that we need to improve in before the next match.

Questions?

Rich2001 what about your own performance?

Well unfortuantly although I have been in fine touch for most of the series and all the hard work in the nets, this week was just not going to be my day. The English bowlers bowled very well and iam not going to run of to the nets and start changing my game just yet, as I said it's really my first very very bad performance of the series.

Rich2001 How do you see the next Test going? any changes planned?

Well we are playing back-to-back Tests so there is very little time avalible to make radical changes.. I guess like England, we will make a call on the morning of the Test after myself and the selectors have had chance to have a good look at the surface.

Rich can't think of any more questions, so if you want to add a few more, I'll try and answer them... Otherwise I'll like to thank the very nice press people :saint: for comming and see you again after the next Test.
his statment seems quite true. except for one IMPOIRTANT point. he clearly tries to blame it on some invisible person. look at the bold bits. now if the captain had been paying attention, Liam hadn't actually named a vice-captain for the tests :P. i think it was just a cover-up plan. also i want to complain about the service at our hotel. i've got food poisoning which has led to a string of bad scores :P. but i blame both rich and the service :D:P

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
CW XI v England : 3rd Test

Welcome one and all to the crucial game of this series. England have dominated their way to a 2-0 lead over the touring Cricket Web XI and look to win the series in this the 3rd Test here at Taunton. Both teams have retained the same XI which did battle in the last Test match.

The pitch is nice and hard, not much grass and should be good for batting. Weather is ideal for cricket. The sun is out in all its glory. Let's go to Sparky Peterson with the two capatains in the middle...
---
Rich_2001: Tails
Sparky: It's tails. What would you like to do?
Rich_2001: Go home. Take a bath, kick back, relax and watch some real cricket.
Sparky; But what you like to do with the toss?
Rich_2001: This pitch looks superb for batting and I think we'd do well to take first knock and hopefully 450+ to put some pressure on England.
---
Michael Vaughan leads his England team out onto the field. Here come the batsmen - Broncoman and Peter Young. They look very energetic and ready to go. It's Matthew Hoggard who will open up the English threat...

Attachments

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Re: Re: Re: Breaking News : Board inquiry

Cloete said:
also i want to complain about the service at our hotel. i've got food poisoning which has led to a string of bad scores :P. but i blame both rich and the service :D:P
So that's where Chef de Groot got to!

I think he should be given an honourary spot in the Dev Bs!

PY

International Coach
Have you put something on saying I can't get 50s????:!(

Keep getting 30s and 40s with no 50s......:(

Fantastic win though guys, strong batting performance from all and excellent effort at the end by the bowlers. :)

Cloete

International Captain
back into form with a "Solid" ;):

69 off 111 balls
and
152* off 197 balls

and a man of the match performance

quite pleased with that :P:D:D

Simon

0 & 58. The first innings was very disapointing, a bit better in the 2nd, perhaps im scoring too slow too.
A good team effort there guys, well done, and a great return to form for Andrew. And great captaincy from rich.

*Oh whats that, im not the captain, so i cant attend the press conference, well stuff you*

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
i think we can replace 9 with 9 from cw a :P

But shocking win.. Broncoman out in 2nd ball of 1st innings :P

and shocking neil 5'er in 1st innings !

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW XI to play Derbyshire today

Broncoman
Peter Young
Krkode
Rich_2001 *
Blewy
Eclipse
Andre +
Lucky Eddie
Top Cat
Hoggy
Neil Pickup

12th man: Cloete

The Enemy
Andrew Gait
Michael Di Venuto *
Hasan Adnan
Chris Bassano
Stephen Stubbings
Rawait Khan
Luke Sutton +
Nathan Dumelow
Mohammad Ali
Kevin Dean
Paul Havell

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW XI v Derbyshire XI

Cricket Web XI 326 & 348/7d
Derbyshire XI 352 & 146/2

Cricket Web XI draw with Derbyshire XI

Man of the match: Mohammad Ali

We struggled a fair bit bowling-wise on pitch that offered a little assistence... a bit embarrassing considering the strength of opposition.

Attachments

Simon

Wasnt that bad, i thought we batted pretty well, some players (myself included) need to start turning these starts into centuries if we are going to be a force in world cricket.

Eclipse

International Debutant
I am happy with my performance but I certainly wanted to convert that 70 and 40 odd into bigger scores.

And why was I batting so low in the game against Derbyshire.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Kent XI to play CW XI

D Fulton
M Carberry
R Key
E Smith
A Symonds
M Walker
M Ealham
G Jones
Amjad Khan
M Saggers
M Muralitharan

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW XI v Kent

Kent XI 415 & 242/6d
Cricket Web XI 273 & 342

Kent XI won by 42 runs

Man of the match: Martin Saggers

Saggers returns from the Dev League to ran through the CW XI batting. Well fought by us regardless. We tried our best...

The 5th Test is the big game. We MUST win to draw the series. Stay tuned.

Attachments

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
IMO CW XI's weakest link has been the bowling. My suggestion would be to bring in myself to add some brilliance within those ranks.:D

Rich2001

International Captain
Re: CW XI v Kent

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Kent XI 415 & 242/6d
Cricket Web XI 273 & 342

Kent XI won by 42 runs

Man of the match: Martin Saggers

Saggers returns from the Dev League to ran through the CW XI batting. Well fought by us regardless. We tried our best...

The 5th Test is the big game. We MUST win to draw the series. Stay tuned.
Well as Captain I should be mad but I know just how big a task it would be to beat a fantastic side like Kent :saint: :lol:, so no hard feelings here, unlucky lads :)