• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CWXI in England Discussion and Results

Cloete

International Captain
1/91 in Kent's 415

52 from 77 balls

2/42 in Kent's 6/242

20 from 16

pretty happy with that. would have liked to have batted better in the 2nd innings though. but finally some of my all-rounder ability is showing through.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mr. Ponting said:
IMO CW XI's weakest link has been the bowling. My suggestion would be to bring in myself to add some brilliance within those ranks.:D
With your disciplinary record? ;)

Agreed however, a third seamer may be useful with Liam in a more Flintoff-role as fifth bowler.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
gee im glad to get some more runs, i just wish i could turn these scores in the tour matches into test match runs!

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW XI for the 5th Test v England

This is a do-or-die situation. We have to win this game to draw the series. We've fought back admirably after a very poor start and now I think we have the momentum which can take us home.

Broncoman
Peter Young
Eclipse
Cloete (vc)
Rich_2001 (c)
Blewy
Andre (wk)
Mr Mxyzptlk
Lucky Eddie
Top Cat
Neil Pickup

12th man: Hoggy

I seriously considered including Hoggy at the expense of one of the batsmen, but in the end decided against it as the bowling attack has improved greatly of late.

We're all exhausted from a long and difficult tour, but we have to gather ourselves for one final effort.

England XI
Marcus Trescothick (vc)
Michael Vaughan (c)
Mark Butcher
Nasser Hussain
Graham Thorpe
Andrew Flintoff
Geraint Jones (wK)
Ashley Giles
Steve Harmison
Martin Saggers
James Anderson

England are stronger (on paper) than they've been at any point thus far in the series.

Expected conditions:
Green surface with some moisture early on each day. Fast outfield and a possiblity of light rain interspersed throughout the Test.

Top_Cat

Expected conditions:
Green surface with some moisture early on each day. Fast outfield and a possiblity of light rain interspersed throughout the Test.
*licking lips*

PLEASE, win the toss and bowl................

Mr Mxyzptlk

5th Test to be broadcast live

I will be doing the sim of the 5th Test live tomorrow on MSN, if anyone is interested. It will be at 7 pm my time - 11pm UK, 8 am Aus - and will probably run for an hour or so.

If, for whatever reason, I have to postpone the sim, I will post here indicating such. Stay tuned and I hope to see a big turnout. :)

sportzfreak3@hotmail.com

Simon

lord_of_darkness said:
hope you guys lose so someone faces the axe

:lol: :lol: :lol: = evil board policy

Just jokes go beat england.! we need to climb the rankings
we'll be right, i think we have some good form on our side and might just sneak home in this test match.

Cloete

International Captain
broncoman said:
we'll be right, i think we have some good form on our side and might just sneak home in this test match.
yeah... hopefully my all-rounder qualities will be to the fore again but the team needs my batting alot as well.

come on CWXI! could u possibly run it an hour earlier Liam?? at 7AM Australian time?? i think i'll wake up early 2morro n e way.

Mr Mxyzptlk

It stands at 8am/7am for Australia and 11pm UK. I urge as many as can attend to do so. Dev players are of course invited too.

Simon

id say ill still be off with the faries then, as im still pretty sick, but if around ill come on for it.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Its 6.50am ATM aus time. I can only stay for another 20 odd mins. How long 'till simming?

Mr Mxyzptlk

5th Test - CW XI v England

A fascinating game and interesting for all who were there to spectate. It's been a good series overall and a learning experience for us.

Attachments