• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CWXI in England Discussion and Results

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
CW XI to play Lancashire tomorrow

Broncoman
Eclipse
Cloete
Rich_2001 (capt)
Blewy
Andre
Peter Young (wk)
Mr Mxyzptlk
Lucky Eddie
Top Cat
Hoggy

Eclipse, who was out with the flu, returns. The batting order has been shuffled, with Peter Young getting a chance to show what he's worth with the gloves. Neil will be rested, to give Hoggy a chance to possibly displace Top Cat in the team if he finds form.

Expected Lancashire XI
Mal Loye
Ian Sutcliffe
Stuart Law
Carl Hooper
Andy Flintoff
Chris Schofield
Glenn Chapple
Warren Hegg
Kyle Hogg
Gary Keedy
James Anderson

Mr Mxyzptlk

Lancashire XI 275 & 226
Cricket Web XI 319 & 185/1

Cricket Web XI won by 9 wickets

Man of the match: Top_Cat

Top Cat certainly will hold his place for the 2nd Test after that bowling performance. Stuart Law and Carl Hooper smashed the bowling around a bit, but we stuck to our guns and bowled well. PY took one catch in the game, so it's no proper indication of his capability. He did look rather nervous when Top Cat was bowling though.

Attachments

PY

International Coach
Am I reading this right? In our 2nd innings, broncoman hit 72 of his 76 in boundaries, eclipse hit 48 of 51 in boundaries and cloete hit 48 of 51 in boundaries.

168 of 185 total in boundaries.

:O

Simon

PY said:
Am I reading this right? In our 2nd innings, broncoman hit 72 of his 76 in boundaries, eclipse hit 48 of 51 in boundaries and cloete hit 48 of 51 in boundaries.

you would be right, this is getting back to the real way i bat!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Re: Re: CW XI to play Nottinghamshire XI

marc71178 said:
He might help save a game...
So...because I scored slowly I'm suddenly thought of as a Test style batsman? ;)

You are too predictible Marc :lol:

In real life I play shots a lot because I feel more comfortable hitting the ball than waiting for it to hit my bat, I doubt this would have ever happened unless they bowled stupidly wide! ;)

Anyway I am honoured. Did anyone see my OD econ? :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
PY said:

Did Rik get 4 of his 5 from 235 balls in boundaries? ;)

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW XI to play England in the 2nd Test

Broncoman
Peter Young
Eclipse
Cloete
Rich_2001 (capt)
Blewy
Andre (wk)
Mr Mxyzptlk
Lucky Eddie
Top Cat
Neil Pickup

12th man : Krkode

England name an unchanged squad.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Breaking News : Board inquiry

In PCB fashion, the CWCBC have asked Rich_2001 to give an explanation for the poor results of late from the CW XI.

No comment from Rich_2001 as of yet.

Rich2001

International Captain
Re: Breaking News : Board inquiry

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
In PCB fashion, the CWCBC have asked Rich_2001 to give an explanation for the poor results of late from the CW XI.

No comment from Rich_2001 as of yet.
Morning All

Well it was a very dissapointing result and after the match I sat down with the lads and went through the game and we were all pretty decided where we lost the game.

It was late on in our 2nd inngs when this happened:

Neil Pickup lbw b. Butcher 36 43 8 0 83.7%

Now normally this would be a good thing for our number 11 to score 36 runs, however as most know Neil has become the wipping boy of the batting and unfortuantly the lads couldn't stop laughing for the next day and as a result the concentration was no where to be seen and the many dropped catches proved costly.. Also I think it didn't help when my Vice Cap went running into the English dressing room and started shoutting, "HAHA your all rubbish, you let Neil score 36 you should be ashamed of yourselves" - I think it could have just pummed them up more, who knows.

Oh ok well maybe that wasn't the real reason so I'll be serious again now.

Basically over the game we did well and were dominating alot of the periods, but just let all the pressure built up off in their 2nd inngs. However as captain I take full responsiblity for the result and there are most certianly areas that we need to improve in before the next match.

Questions?

Rich2001 what about your own performance?

Well unfortuantly although I have been in fine touch for most of the series and all the hard work in the nets, this week was just not going to be my day. The English bowlers bowled very well and iam not going to run of to the nets and start changing my game just yet, as I said it's really my first very very bad performance of the series.

Rich2001 How do you see the next Test going? any changes planned?

Well we are playing back-to-back Tests so there is very little time avalible to make radical changes.. I guess like England, we will make a call on the morning of the Test after myself and the selectors have had chance to have a good look at the surface.

Rich can't think of any more questions, so if you want to add a few more, I'll try and answer them... Otherwise I'll like to thank the very nice press people :saint: for comming and see you again after the next Test.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Breaking News : The Tour Manager Responds

Tour manager for the Cricket Web XI tour of England stated at a press conference held two hours after Rich_2001's statement:

"In my communications with the Board and selectors, we have come to accept Rich_2001's explanation. Further more, we are highly impressed with the way in which he has been running the team. The results have been disappointing since the Natwest final, but there have been encouraging signs and we understand that these conditions may take a while to get used to. Drastic change in attitude and an increased effort must be shown by the players if we are to salvage any pride let alone a win in this series."

Simon

lord_of_darkness said:
Lets hope you guys perform better

unless the Board decides to do a PCB and axe some of you :P
LOL, there arent enough players to replace, 9 new players per series. wont be long before the selecors start recycling.