• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** Official Cricketweb Horseracing thread **

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Black Apalachi for me. Was running a cracker last year before falling. The handicapper said he's carrying less than he'd like and the ground should certainly favour him.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Have a sweepstakes at work, £20 in each between 8 of us. Have drawn The Package, Arbor Supreme, Character Building, Hello Bud and Ellerslie George. Well syked for it.

cpr

International Coach
Got an each way on State of Play, purely because my knowledge of horse racing made me pick no 23 as a random number. Heard of the horse before, to thats a good sign.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
****s sake, thought Hello Bud was gonna win for a bit then, was looking really strong, then just lost everything. Fuming.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's time once again for my favourite race in the world...

But I'm pissed off. I thought I was going out on my own in picking a bit of a longshot to win the Derby this year in Stately Victor, but now all the ****ing experts are tipping him. Shut up, you ****s. He was 40-1 last week, now he's 30-1 and likely to drop below 25-1 by the time the race starts.

But yeah, it should be a fabulous race once again, despite an absolutely horrific weather forecast.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
It's time once again for my favourite race in the world...

But I'm pissed off. I thought I was going out on my own in picking a bit of a longshot to win the Derby this year in Stately Victor, but now all the ****ing experts are tipping him. Shut up, you ****s. He was 40-1 last week, now he's 30-1 and likely to drop below 25-1 by the time the race starts.

But yeah, it should be a fabulous race once again, despite an absolutely horrific weather forecast.
Got the A-grade coverage for this too...

_Ed_

:thumbsup:
Much appreciated.

Makes a huge difference seeing the race live and not having to work a miracle in trying to find a replay without seeing the result.

EDIT: Stately Victor is now ****ing 14-1. *mutters*

Last edited:

_Ed_

Bit of an upset in the 2000 Guineas at Newmarket, with a French colt called Makfi winning it at 33-1.

It was a stylish performance, though, and he's now unbeaten in 3 starts, so I don't think it was a fluke.

_Ed_

Got the A-grade coverage for this too...
And it was excellent coverage. Kudos. Much better than last year, when we got Australia's coverage - they seemed to know less about the runners than I did! The Americans cover big events damn well. It was great.

It's a shame I can't say the same about the race. They seemed to be running in porridge, and it got chaotic when the leaders stopped dead in their tracks approaching the home turn. I'm amazed no horses fell. There was potential for something nasty as the improving horses had to dodge the rapidly fading runners.

Great ride by Borel on the winner, but from a couple of looks at the replay, IMO the runner-up Ice Box was a certainty beaten.

Last edited: