• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** Official Cricketweb Horseracing thread **

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Im going out to the Miracle Mile, Its only 10 mins from my house...

I have no idea on the Harness Racing, so you got any tips??

On another note, im having one of my best runs ever on the punt. Since Melbourne Cup day (where i had a stinker) i have been winning left right and centre on the gallops..

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Sorry, just got online now.

This Mile field is wide open. I'm going to get all over Monkey King though - he can only win with a sprint off a strong pace, but a strong pace is pretty much a certainty in this race with Smoken Up likely to lead and Blacks A Fake and/or Melpark Major to put the pressure on him throughout. I also have no doubt that Tony Herlihy will drive Auckland Reactor cold, so it could be great fun to see him and Monkey King having one last run at them.

CDM,

The race is over a mile and anything under 2 minutes for a mile is a good effort. The Australasian record is 1.51.9 and that's almost guaranteed to be broken this afternoon.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great stuff. :)

But now we've got the most depressing week in NZ racing - Avondale Cup week. Dreadful.

cover drive man

International Captain
Sorry, just got online now.

This Mile field is wide open. I'm going to get all over Monkey King though - he can only win with a sprint off a strong pace, but a strong pace is pretty much a certainty in this race with Smoken Up likely to lead and Blacks A Fake and/or Melpark Major to put the pressure on him throughout. I also have no doubt that Tony Herlihy will drive Auckland Reactor cold, so it could be great fun to see him and Monkey King having one last run at them.

CDM,

The race is over a mile and anything under 2 minutes for a mile is a good effort. The Australasian record is 1.51.9 and that's almost guaranteed to be broken this afternoon.
Ta.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Uncle's horse Junior won a race the other day. Pretty surprised at that because I saw Junior a month ago with a huge gash in his leg.

_Ed_

It's only dreadful if Ginga Dude doesn't get up - I've got a multi ending on him.
Congrats.

The racing was actually pretty good out there today, despite the weather. Doesn't change the fact that it's a deserted hole though.

_Ed_

Absolutely loved the racing at Ellerslie today, and it was the biggest crowd I've ever seen at the place.

Wealth Princess was absolutely amazing in winning her fifth race from five starts in the Newmarket, super filly Katie Lee won another stakes race, Zarzuela was a stylish winner of the Guineas and Vosne Romanee won the Zabeel Classic at 26-1 - incredible odds for a Kelt winner. Not complaining, though - had some of that.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Loved the Vosne Romanee odds. Saw Red Ruler's exhibition gallop on Wednesday which was outstanding, and made Monaco Consul look second-rate, and decided on putting on a roving banker trifecta with R.R as the anchor and Vosne Romanee in the mix. $10 turned into $278 - loving my work.

_Ed_

I was impressed by Red Ruler's gallop too (and unimpressed by Monaco Consul's), but for some reason left him out and had Vosne Romanee, Tell A Tale and Culminate in a trifecta. *sigh*

But a nice $5 each way on Vosne Romanee made up for that.

It was such a fantastic win though, a better performance than the Kelt in my opinion. Hopefully he'll get the credit he deserves now. And it was great for Matt Cameron as well. I don' t want to build into another rant about the severity of penalties for jockeys' behaviour in comparison with Lisa Cropp, so I'll just say it's great to see him win a big one and I hope it gets his career back on track after that six-month ban a while back.

Last edited:

_Ed_

Fairly impressive facility.

The one it replaced was hardly Avondale-esque, though - it was less than 20 years old. :laugh:

It's unnecessary, there was far too much money spent on it and it's over the top...but **** I want to go there.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member

Fairly impressive facility.

The one it replaced was hardly Avondale-esque, though - it was less than 20 years old. :laugh:

It's unnecessary, there was far too much money spent on it and it's over the top...but **** I want to go there.
Pfft, I've seen better nights at Alexandra Park... :ph34r:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Any tips for the Grand National on Saturday? The market has just opened here, and I'll put a fiver on a couple of runners.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Package for me, the fact Timmy Murphy has turned him down is a good thing after the shocker of a ride he gave him at Cheltenham. Was staying on incredibly well in that race.

His age is the big problem I guess.