• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** Official Cricketweb Horseracing thread **

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Backed Viewed in the cup. I think the length (or lack there of) of the straight will kill his chances though. If he can get close enough coming to the straight, he will be there or there abouts. I dont see Cummings walking away with this race without a pocket full of cash though.
Not bad, Bob. Not bad at all.

Bobisback

International Regular
I dont think he will win the Melbourne Cup, had a racing double on Viewed into Speed Gifted in the cup, just hope he runs in it now..

Had 50 on him today, at 13 Fixed Odds. Was going to have 100 before the barrier draw...

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fantastic performance by Viewed.

Bit baffled by the ride on Daffodil. Got a long way back and then took off at the 700. She ran a great race though.

Bobisback

International Regular
Anyone get on the Tab's offer today of Whobegotyou at $3.50 with money back for 2nd, with a max bet of $50?

Was at work, didnt have 50 on me, so didnt bother. Great deal though.

Not sure if he will win, will be hard to beat though. Will be watching Speed Gifted, as I have quite alot of money riding on him in the cup, might even put a Speed Gifted/Speed Gifted double, just to add to the money wasted on him ;)

Last edited:

Simon

I really like Manhattan Rain, with such a light weight too I think it will suit more than people think. Id be surprised if it doesn't finish top 6 although beating whobegotyou is gonna be some performance by whomever wins.

_Ed_

Sir Slick scratched - good. Please, retire him now. 104 starts or however many he's had is enough, surely.

Bobisback

International Regular
I really like Manhattan Rain, with such a light weight too I think it will suit more than people think. Id be surprised if it doesn't finish top 6 although beating whobegotyou is gonna be some performance by whomever wins.
You were right with the weights. Cant believe everyone wasnt on that horse. Bart chucks him in, late, having to pay money. Down in weights. How much more of a hint do we need?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I had him and Whobe on top of my trifecta but didn't have Manhattan Rain at all! Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Simon

I was the other way, had Manhattan Rain e/w, in all my exotics etc... but pretty much ignored So You Think.

_Ed_

So Sir Slick was scratched on the morning of the Cox Plate because he wasn't fit to run, and then he pulled up lame after yesterday's McKinnon...surely he must be having some time in a paddock to recuperate?

Nah, the trainer says. He'll run in the Emirates next Saturday. Surely this is getting beyond bad training and moving into the territory of animal abuse.

Poor Slick - he's a lovely, tough horse who doesn't owe his connections anything and deserves a long and happy retirement.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Unfortunatley this is becoming more common with some owners...

I know the trainer(who is only a very small trainer) of a pretty decent horse here in Sydney. The Horse injured one of its legs pretty badly, they gave it 12 months off then bought it back before it re-injured it.. Most people would just retire the horse off but no the owners told the trainer to keep running him. The horse has now 2 'bung' legs as its injured the second compensating for the injury to the 1st.

Unfortunatley for the Trainer these clients are his main clients and if he refuses he faces losing the majority of his business so he's basically forced to do as they say...

Its a sad thing to see happen, as although this horse hasnt won any major races, he has won some very nice races throughout his career and doesnt deserve to have this.. Its likely that he will break down at the track one day and have to be put down which is just terrible..

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks to picking up a $129 quinella at Kaikoura about half an hour ago, I now have a nice kitty for the Melbourne Cup. Still hovering around Roman Emperor and have Basaltico as the roughie in my quinella along with C'est La Guerre.

Bobisback

International Regular
Will be backing Leica Ding.

Will have a couple of trifectas, an obvious one with Viewed stood out from 5 or 6 horses, then a few more exotic ones, with the two bottom weights the main focus point.

cover drive man

International Captain
Unfortunatley this is becoming more common with some owners...

I know the trainer(who is only a very small trainer) of a pretty decent horse here in Sydney. The Horse injured one of its legs pretty badly, they gave it 12 months off then bought it back before it re-injured it.. Most people would just retire the horse off but no the owners told the trainer to keep running him. The horse has now 2 'bung' legs as its injured the second compensating for the injury to the 1st.

Unfortunatley for the Trainer these clients are his main clients and if he refuses he faces losing the majority of his business so he's basically forced to do as they say...

Its a sad thing to see happen, as although this horse hasnt won any major races, he has won some very nice races throughout his career and doesnt deserve to have this.. Its likely that he will break down at the track one day and have to be put down which is just terrible..
:(

Simon

Have got a few different bets on the cup, it's pretty difficult to read this year but I think there's some value in Mourilyan and Munsef, I'm probably leaning towards Changing of the Guard as my top pick just in front of Alcopop.