• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2016

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Joe Clarke vs. Yorkshire back on the telly in a few hours, in the 50-over format. A fine choice. I'll be interested to read Cribbage's take on whether his bottom-hand dominance has too much of an unsightly Henry Nicholls look to it on his off-side drives, or whether he really is the new Root.

91Jmay

International Coach
I thought Dan Lawrence looked good yesterday in his little cameo. Clearly was a plan that he'd come in and play shots and just let Ryder bat. Garton impressive for large parts, still can add more pace with a proper S & C regiment and get into the high 80s/low 90s you'd think.

91Jmay

International Coach
Crane with a couple of big wickets. He has gone around the park a bit, but can only help his development bowling at McCullum, Malan and Morgan.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I thought Dan Lawrence looked good yesterday in his little cameo. Clearly was a plan that he'd come in and play shots and just let Ryder bat. Garton impressive for large parts, still can add more pace with a proper S & C regiment and get into the high 80s/low 90s you'd think.
I thought RtD was the reason they won.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah, RtD took pressure off. Ryder with a class knock though.

Crane 4/80. To expensive but nice habit he has of picking up bags. Getting rid of Malan, McCullum, Morgan and Franklin you'd probably take for his 80 runs as well. Crucial wickets.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Embarrassing start by Yorkshire. Can't just let medium pacers like Leach and Shantry just bowl at you at this standard of cricket. Stunning lack of innovation or aggression of a team that really should know better.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
Yorkshire's top order is overrated in limited overs cricket. No power hitter who can take a game away from the opposition. I would have gambled and opened with Willey.

Stace

First Class Debutant
Ballance looked good until he missed that sweep, his form is shocking he was a gun l/o bat before he got into the England odi side.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Leach reminds me of Turtle from Entourage, this is my important contribution to this thread today.

91Jmay

International Coach
Joe Clarke is so ****ing good. That back foot drive for 4 was ***ual. He reminds me of a more conventional Steve Smith.

Stace

First Class Debutant
Clarke smashing Rashid's full toss for 6 straight down the ground was glorious, hopefully he will be there at the end.

91Jmay

International Coach
Rashid bowled two good overs back to back and gets Clarke. Impressive little cameo though, think he has a massive chance to go all the way.

Stace

First Class Debutant
Clarke smashing Rashid's full toss for 6 straight down the ground was glorious, hopefully he will be there at the end.
Lesson learnt, never will i do it again gambhiring from now on.

Going to see Kent tomorrow which means Bell-Drummond is on for a duck.

Last edited: