• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Commonwealth Bank Tri-Series

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Plunkett never really seemed to be a bad bowler to me, he was just a little ill-disciplined. he's come out with some brilliant bouncebackability and seems to take 3fer every game. Saj should have been playing in the ODI's from teh start, had a great series against Pakistan and was unlucky really.

The opening pair certainly is a shock. To me, they are both middle order batsmen, but Joyce proved me wrong on Tuesday. weather they will be in that team come March 13th, I personally would keep Joyce and lose Mal Loye.

And for the love of Lewis Mcgugan, dont get me started on the wicket-keeper.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Its has been superb to see England play in the last few games, especially given the fact that they are missing key players. First overseas ODI series win for over a decade superb..

I've always been a strong backer of England's ability to do well in ODI cricket despite all the poor results while many on this forum here have written them off & certain players i.e Collingwood & Plunkett. I'd admit Plunkett has surprised me how well he has bowled but i have never doubted he had ability while i've always backed Collingwood while many have called for him to be dropped from the ODI side.

Overall this win give them some great momentum going into the WC & add in KP & the rest & England have a decent unit.

For Australia, just like how India played out of their skins in 2001 & England in 2005 ashes, they just have to praise England since they hardly played badly. Obviously no panic is required (athough i'd like to see Watson get back some confidence in his bowling since its lacking that zip that he had in malaysia & India a few months back), a solid showing in NZ will ease the pain of this defeat, but that won't be easy without Gilly & Punter.

But overall even though Australia are still WC favourites, i guess they are now a bit closer to the pack than before, all the top 8 nations have a real chance to stop them winning 3 in a row.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Hoped we'd lose, tbh. These last two games have just glossed over the cracks ahead of the World Cup, where we don't stand a chance.

FRAZ

International Captain
Superb victory ! It was worth spending 14 bucks for this sports channel . Excellent team effort . But one thing that really made me wonder is that English lower middle order is quite awe full and hasn't got much of a penetration and for me Loye should have been batting at number 6 . Some extremely rubbish selection of lower middle order batsmen . Excellent players are those who stand up when they are most needed . So the big two of England did score 70 & 42.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Rogers number 640 . I guess it's a Caribbean channel or some thing . .
Yea yea, CBN, but I didn't know it was for 14 dollars. But I think I got it for less because I had other channels ordered from Rogers already. But isn't it sikk, I mean it gives you all the series except the WC.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
My highlight of the night was in Dalrymple's first over, when England were trying to steam through the overs as quickly as possible to get to 20 overs. England went up for a caught behind, and cheatin' Steve Davis attempted to go to the third umpire from square leg for the stumping, even though they never appealed for it!

Hogg was so bad with the bat. Australia's innings was reminiscent of the Ashes - not so much consistently good bowling, but a number of really good balls getting the batsmen out.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Hoped we'd lose, tbh. These last two games have just glossed over the cracks ahead of the World Cup, where we don't stand a chance.
and how would losing have helped in the world cup? this at least would give them some self-confidence ahead of it...whether they'd win or not is another question but they really can't do any worse than what they did last time, can they? the more people write them off, the more i get the feeling england will do really well at this world cup....

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
My highlight of the night was in Dalrymple's first over, when England were trying to steam through the overs as quickly as possible to get to 20 overs. England went up for a caught behind, and cheatin' Steve Davis attempted to go to the third umpire from square leg for the stumping, even though they never appealed for it!
Technically, doesn't "howzat?" encompass all 10 methods of dismissal though?

Fusion

Global Moderator
Congrats to England on an awsome victory! They gave hope to everyone that Aus can be beaten in the WC. Too bad most English supporters don't care about the ODI's, otherwise this would've been a really special win! :p