• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Commonwealth Bank Tri-Series

Fiery

Banned
Shame, that.
Anyway, leave again.
Not willing to let it go eh dontcloseyoureyes. I have just as much right to be here as anyone. Despite the fact I've never met you, you seem to have developed an unhealthy hatred there. I've already apologised and said I would tone down the behaviour that obviously affects you so much and I've also said I would rather not carry on with the argument....just respect that please.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Here, here. Don't let it turn into something where someone has to banned people....

and btw 16 tins of Spam - that avatar isn't appropriate :p
I'll change it of course, but if nightprowler is allowed an avatar with a person mouthing a swear word I think there's a little inconsistency there.

Fiery

Banned
It doesn't stop because you want it to stop, Fiery. That's James' job.

Anything unpleasant that has happened on this thread is a direct result of your behaviour and attitude towards other CW members. Deal with it.

EDIT: Not that I necessarily agree with the behaviour of other members in response to you...
I would have thought it was my attitude towards opposition players, rather than other CW members, that people objected too actually Voltman but point taken anyway

Last edited:

Matt79

Global Moderator
She was actually saying "Fight" rather than the other F-word. 16 Tins of Spam, go sit in the corner and have a good long think about what you've done.

Fiery - you're probably entitled to an apology from a few people, but as you identified in your post, you basically engaged in flame-baiting for quite a while in this thread and if you do that long enough you're going to get a reaction. I'm not sure really why you found it amusing to keep it up for quite so long - but I think you realise that some of the comments weren't reactions to any one particular comment by you, but in large part your demeanor on this thread over a few weeks. Several of the people who got fired up at you have been around for ages and are some of the most reasonable people on the site in general, so I think its a bit of a case of if you don't like the reactions your behaviour produces, reconsider your behaviour.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fiery - you're probably entitled to an apology from a few people, but as you identified in your post, you basically engaged in flame-baiting for quite a while in this thread and if you do that long enough you're going to get a reaction. I'm not sure really why you found it amusing to keep it up for quite so long - but I think you realise that some of the comments weren't reactions to any one particular comment by you, but in large part your demeanor on this thread over a few weeks. Several of the people who got fired up at you have been around for ages and are some of the most reasonable people on the site in general, so I think its a bit of a case of if you don't like the reactions your behaviour produces, reconsider your behaviour.
*nods head* Top Post :thumbsup:

I will apologise to you Fiery for telling you to go and play in the traffic, but for none of the other comments, as they were entirely justified afaic.

pasag

RTDAS
I'm glad you decided to come back Fiery, half the time it was good to have you around in the official threads etc, but for the other half, I found you way to antagonistic and aggressive. Which isn't all that bad, but you can't expect to be so hostile and not get a reaction.

This reminds me of luckyeddie who used to endlessly have a go at people and then when people gave it back to him he went off crying. I also won't apologise for anything I said to you, I was pissed of at the time and my posts expressed that. I also don't think anyone else crossed the line either. But as I said, I'm happy you've come back and I respect what you’ve said in your posts since then.

Fiery

Banned
She was actually saying "Fight" rather than the other F-word. 16 Tins of Spam, go sit in the corner and have a good long think about what you've done.

Fair call Matt79. Admittedly, I may have gone OTT with the Shane Watson stuff but was still surprised by the hostililty of the reaction and the timing didn't look good as it all came out right at the point where Australia lost the CB Series. However, I have learnt a lesson from it and will definitely take the tone of my posts down a notch as some guys here obviously get quite offended and angry if their favourite player is ridiculed...so point taken Matt 79.

Fiery

Banned
I also won't apologise for anything I said to you, I was pissed of at the time and my posts expressed that.
Thanks for welcoming me back pasag but surprised that you're not able to apologise when you seem like quite a reasonable sort of guy in general. I think your anger when your team lost manifested itself onto me at the time, illustrated below:

I feel sick to the stomach here. Trying my best not to overreact or anything, but I go out for half an hour and we're four down for **** all. Trying to look at the bright side here, it's better that this **** happens before the World Cup, but losing an ODI final series at home to what was before this series one of the worst one-day sides ever, that was then injury savaged is devastating stuff (for me). And now Hussey is gone. **** this.
Followed by this

What does that have to do with you being a ****?