• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Commonwealth Bank Tri-Series 2007-08

rama_v

Cricket Spectator
Is anyone else going down to Manuka Oval to see Ind v Sri Lanka? I am going with a group of around 20 others...

biased indian

International Coach
was thinking we will end up with 12 points from 8 matches...so far 3 gone have got 8(rain assisted)..so hope will get another 8 from the remainig 5 which should be enough for place in the final i think....and will then see how thing goes...

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Waqar Younis in 1989/90 was pretty awesome. He, like Sharma, showed glimpses in the Test series and then bowled like the wind in the ODI's. No others spring to mind, though.
You just gave most Indian fans a heart attack, you realize that, right? I really hope that for his sake, he doesn't get overhyped, like Pathan the next coming of Wasim Akram did.

But for the first time in a long time, I'll admit this kid has potential and perhaps he can keep from falling by the wayside unlike so so many of others in Indian history.

Also, what the hell is up with all the injuries in the Indian pace bowling camp? They all need to add about 10 pounds of muscle tbh. 20 in the case of Sharma.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hopefully for him and for India he wil stay fit. There doesn't seem to be a lot wrong with his action, so fingers crossed he stays on the field. He certainly looks the real deal.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You just gave most Indian fans a heart attack, you realize that, right? I really hope that for his sake, he doesn't get overhyped, like Pathan the next coming of Wasim Akram did.

But for the first time in a long time, I'll admit this kid has potential and perhaps he can keep from falling by the wayside unlike so so many of others in Indian history.

Also, what the hell is up with all the injuries in the Indian pace bowling camp? They all need to add about 10 pounds of muscle tbh. 20 in the case of Sharma.
Waqar and Ishant have no similarities other than their performances in Asia though, whereas Irfan obviously had some similarities to Wasim.

Oh and not every bowler needs to be a tank. Zaheer is fairly bulky and is injured all the time, yet Ishant can bowl 8 over spells.

lionheart

School Boy/Girl Captain
Is anyone else going down to Manuka Oval to see Ind v Sri Lanka? I am going with a group of around 20 others...
yeah i am, i'll be amongst about a hundred or so other members of the 'appu army'.

hopefully we won't be embarrassed by an disgustingly woeful batting display (wishful thinking perhaps)

rama_v

Cricket Spectator
yeah i am, i'll be amongst about a hundred or so other members of the 'appu army'.

hopefully we won't be embarrassed by an disgustingly woeful batting display (wishful thinking perhaps)
Cool..I hear that Sri Lankan supporters from Macquarie Uni are hiring a coach or two to get down to the game as well - you'll have plenty of company :D

Me, I'm hoping to see Sanga play well

Major Wedgie

Cricket Spectator
C'mon Sri Lanka

I really want to see Sri Lanka win and get a bonus point and I want to see the grand final be between Australia and Sri Lanka. World Cup grand final rematch, only Australia has adequate stadium lighting and people that can calculate the up to the ball Duckworth Lewis target.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
It's not enormous, but I wouldn't call it particularly small. Usually very flat, and the outfield is pretty quick. Good place to bat.

cometer

State Regular
Pretty sure Manuka Oval is similar in dimensions to the MCG but just a little bit smaller. Doesn't have anywhere near the capacity though.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Went along yesterday - wish I hadn't. I mainly dragged myself along to see Gilly one more time in the flesh, and Rudi sorted that out for me. Normally bag out people who complain about ODIs that aren't run-fests, but that was one of the more boring games of cricket I've ever sat through - made worse by the fact it was bloody freezing (despite me wearing jeans, a long sleave shirt, a jacket and a hat. Seeing Tendulkar play some beautiful strokes, and the ten over period where it looked like the Aussies might somehow defend the total were the redeeming features, but I have to say, I think its harder to appreciate good bowling when you're down at ground level, and not behind the bowler's arm. You simply can't see what they're doing with the ball - a problem made worse by the MCG scoreboard only showing the same dodgy 45 degree to the pitch angle on most of their replays. I couldn't believe R. Sharma or Dhoni didn't get a knick in the period when they first came together - never seen so many play and misses in such a short period, coupled with a few knicks that didn't carry, without a wicket eventually falling.

Was also (probably unreasonably) annoyed with the fact that Ponting ended up not bowling Lee's last over. Once they got to within 10 runs, our only hope was for someone to take two or three wickets in an over, and Symonds wasn't going to do that.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Pretty sure Manuka Oval is similar in dimensions to the MCG but just a little bit smaller. Doesn't have anywhere near the capacity though.
Been to a few games at Manuka and lots at the G - the MCG is a fair bit bigger.