• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Commonwealth Bank Tri-Series 2007-08

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
CB Series kicks of on February 3rd....Currently I am not even sure if it will go ahead depending on India's participation (and I would not disagree with them if they chose to make such a decision from their perspective...)

Here's the schedule -

Sun 3
13:15 local, 03:15 GMT
Australia v India
Brisbane Cricket Ground, Woolloongabba, Brisbane

Fri 8
14:15 local, 03:15 GMT Australia v Sri Lanka
Sydney Cricket Ground

Sun 10
14:15 local, 03:15 GMT
Australia v India
Melbourne Cricket Ground

Fri 15
11:30 local, 02:30 GMT
Australia v Sri Lanka
W.A.C.A. Ground, Perth

Sun 17
13:45 local, 03:15 GMT
Australia v India
Adelaide Oval

Fri 22
Australia v Sri Lanka
Melbourne Cricket Ground

Sun 24
Australia v India
Sydney Cricket Ground

Fri 29
Australia v Sri Lanka
Melbourne Cricket Ground

To me if it does go ahead, Australia are definitely in the Box seat to win it ...and it would be a very tough competition between India and Sri Lanka to reach the Final.

India will have the advantage as they would have played more recent Cricket than Sri Lanka who will be coming from a post Christmas/New Year slumber... SL will despite that give India a good run, although IMO India has the goods to beat even Australia if they brought their best game and with their added motivation given by recent events at the SCG....

Discuss...

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Murali will return and will the Aussies continue their recent goodwill towards him or will the bad days of taunting him in Day nighters (especially as he fielded near the ropes) recur.....

Should Murali and Vaas apologise for their stupid satement before the SL test series ie "We are not like Indians..." - To me that statement was made without much thought....Comments...

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Murali also looks to be approaching another landmark ....at 455 wickets he needs 48 wickets to go past Wasim Akram and become the most successful ODI Bowler in history ...unlikely it will happen in Australia and even more unlikely the Aussies would like it happen in Australia...:laugh:

Sri Lanka's possible squad of 16 would be

Jayasuriya (almost certainly his ODI swan song one suspects)
Tharanga
Dilshan
Kapugedera
Mahela
Sangakkara (wicket Keeper)
Chamara Silva
? Dilruwan Perera ? Warnapura
Vaas
Dilhara Fernando
Maharoof
Lokuaraachchi (prefer him to Bandara)
Murali
Welagedera
Sujeewa De Silva
Malinga

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Lokuarachchi injured still last time I checked and with Bandara in decent form I can't see him getting picked even if he makes a early return. Can't see Muburak not getting selected either, with both Perera and Warnapura in average to poor form. Udawatta is a good bet if they pick another batsmen. Talk is also that Zoysa will get a re-call after being the form all rounder in domestic cricket.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Should be great, really looking forward to this. Hopefully can catch quite a few games.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Turns out Loku made a return in the last round of domestic matches, still I reckon with Bandara form and Loku lack of match fitness he might get the 2nd spinner spot.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
India vs SL should be a good contest, but I can see Australia winning with ease again. Don't really expect SL or India to challenge them too much.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
India vs SL should be a good contest, but I can see Australia winning with ease again. Don't really expect SL or India to challenge them too much.
What do you mean again? Australia lost last year!

Craig

World Traveller
Lokuarachchi injured still last time I checked and with Bandara in decent form I can't see him getting picked even if he makes a early return. Can't see Muburak not getting selected either, with both Perera and Warnapura in average to poor form. Udawatta is a good bet if they pick another batsmen. Talk is also that Zoysa will get a re-call after being the form all rounder in domestic cricket.
Didn't he go to jail a few years back and may hinder his chance of a visa to enter Australia or does that thing doesn't get looked at too much?

Got corporate seats for the MCG game against India, can't wait.
So what did you do to get those seats? :naughty:

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
I'm glad they're not playing at the Telstra Dome anymore, but I'm going to both the MCG games.

Anyway I think the rivalry will be between Sri Lanka and India and who can secure a spot in the final. I'm hoping to see Cullen, Hilfenhaus and Tait play in one of the matches, perhaps if we've already secured a finals spot...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't he go to jail a few years back and may hinder his chance of a visa to enter Australia or does that thing doesn't get looked at too much?
He didn't end up going to jail after the government stepped in. Just got community service and a year ban from playing cricket. Its true what they say, "You can get away with murder, if your an international cricketer"

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
If India go home is there any possability of Australia A taking the place of them?

Craig

World Traveller
He didn't end up going to jail after the government stepped in. Just got community service and a year ban from playing cricket. Its true what they say, "You can get away with murder, if your an international cricketer"
Surprised for not a major player for Sri Lanka he would get away with it for what he got. A bigger name yes, but not him.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Surprised for not a major player for Sri Lanka he would get away with it for what he got. A bigger name yes, but not him.
At the time he was a regular the Sri Lankan squad and number 2 spinner ahead of Chandana, Dharmensena, Hearth and Bandara. Also he plays for SSC, so he would have got off even if he wasn't in the national squad.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Going to the 'Gabba for the first game of the series. I think I'm right in saying its the first time the 'Gabba has held the first game of the series. Usually the first game is in Melbourne or Sydney before they head to Brisbane. Will be great fun. Hopefully I'm not working the next day.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
That would be pretty good. Have always liked Zoysa, would like to see him make a comeback.

Hoping Kapugedera makes a name for himself in this series too.