• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Commentary Complaints Thread***

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We’ve been fortunate here to have Tyler calling pretty much all the big games. Terrific as always and rarely gets partisan when England are playing.

Fair effort for a bloke who’s older than water.
I'm assuming that's on the SBS coverage?

Don't think I've heard him once on the Optus coverage sadly. (I don't mind Peter Drury, but Ian Darke is meeeeeh)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah SBS. It’s lik revisiting my childhood tbh, he’s been calling that long.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
I think I've preferred ITV's. The Beeb's is too tired, too safe and apologetic, too Match of the Dayish, too staffed by '90s-00s England flops - even Klinsman, the token foreigner, is a reminder of Italia '90/Euro 1996. ITV's is a little more unpredictable with insane types like Keane and Billic appearing, and hearing Ally McCoist discuss the Bolshevik Revolution is rather amusing. What is going on with Billic's hair? Looks like it has been sprayed on.
Definitely preferred the ITV coverage.

S.Kennedy

Most of the female pundits, Alex Cross, Aluko, seem to have fallen by the wayside faster than South American teams! At least Evra went also.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It looks a bit dire imo. The fact that they were all dumped out and replaced by the "big names" for the big matches makes their inclusion during the earlier rounds come across like charity.

S.Kennedy

I'm probably the only one who remembers Gazza's punditry in 2002? Initially a proper pundit - on the couch - it swiftly become apparent that he was completely inebriated so got bumped down to some sort of ''spot'' with him faffing around Trafalgar Square going, ''come on England''.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ITV should have used Champion and McCoist for the final. Needed to differentiate themselves from the BBC’s self-seriousness.