• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Big Bash League 10 2020-21

Is the Big Bash too long?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Chromecasts should be mandatory in every house already. Absolutely love that little gadget

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I mentioned this in another thread before but I don't think we're far off from seeing huge sport TV deals as a thing of the past. I really think Cricket Australia needs to get a streaming deal done with the social media websites. Facebook made a failed bid for the IPL a few years ago and I think itd be a great way to reach a huge online audience.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
I like my free to air TV on my probably obsolete (ie not "smart") TV.
As a pensioner who witnessed savings/superannuation smashed by GFCs etc we have a tight budget so we do without luxuries such as pay TV and updated audio-visual equipment.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Kayo is very affordable
@stephen responded to this pretty well but just to add my ten cents, i have a kayo subscription (or rather, a mate does and he gave me the password for my 21st), which i use mainly for the steelers and the doggies

our tv doesn't have a kayo app so to use it on the tv i've got to boot the computer, log in to kayo, and hook it up to the tv with a hdmi

now this isn't a hugely onerous burden or anything

but by the same token i'm not going to bother doing that to watch the strikers play the gades on a friday night

however, i would so have the strikers playing the gades on tv if it was a case of just flicking it over to channel 7

something like the big bash which, unless it's a marquee game or a sixers game, i'll have on while doing other stuff and sit down and stop to watch only every now and then, isn't worth the hassle via kayo oftentimes

mr_mister

Surely everyone has smart tv's in 2020 rendering chromecast obsolete
no way.

Having to use your tv remote to type into the search bar on the youtube app on a smart tv is the worst thing ever

just being able to flick through vids on your phone, casting the good ones is so much more convenient

mr_mister

@stephen responded to this pretty well but just to add my ten cents, i have a kayo subscription (or rather, a mate does and he gave me the password for my 21st), which i use mainly for the steelers and the doggies

our tv doesn't have a kayo app so to use it on the tv i've got to boot the computer, log in to kayo, and hook it up to the tv with a hdmi

now this isn't a hugely onerous burden or anything

but by the same token i'm not going to bother doing that to watch the strikers play the gades on a friday night

however, i would so have the strikers playing the gades on tv if it was a case of just flicking it over to channel 7

something like the big bash which, unless it's a marquee game or a sixers game, i'll have on while doing other stuff and sit down and stop to watch only every now and then, isn't worth the hassle via kayo oftentimes
seriously, have a chromecast permnantly plugged into one of the hdmi ports. use kayo on your phone, honestly takes 20 seconds to get the game on your telly

Shady Slim

International Coach
seriously, have a chromecast permnantly plugged into one of the hdmi ports. use kayo on your phone, honestly takes 20 seconds to get the game on your telly
i unironically have no idea what this is

but if it's anything like an alexa or a google home i don't want it, don't trust those bad boys. asio is already no doubt watching and listening to me swear at my tv when ben dwashuis bowls a half tracker, so i don't need tech companies doing it too

mr_mister

well no it's not quite the same. it's a little usb type thing you plug into a hdmi port on your telly and you can just instantly display the contents of whatever youre watching on google, youtube, kayo etc from your phone or computer wirelessly.

you don't have to speak or utter commands just whenever you open a video theres a little option to cast to a tv. best tech purchase i've made tbh

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Renegades signing Noor Ahmad is a genuine wtf.

Like I get that Afghani spinners have done well in the BBL, but signing a totally uncapped 15* year old is taking this idea a little far.

*(even if he's 20)

aussie tragic

International Captain
Can't believe Jake Doran gets a BBL gig with the Huricanes given how slow he scores, however lucky they have Dawid Malan. Just watched him score 99* off 47 balls vs SA, impressive stuff

Gnske

Renegades signing Noor Ahmad is a genuine wtf.

Like I get that Afghani spinners have done well in the BBL, but signing a totally uncapped 15* year old is taking this idea a little far.

*(even if he's 20)
Please don't abuse innocent children who are gifted.

Honestly, give me Jono Cook any day over any of these hamfisted attempts to give each team their own Rashid Khan