• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh Tour of South Africa 2017

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Can't believe we are comparing Miller with Duminy and Behardien. Miller is far better if you strictly compare past performances alone, and more so if you compare potential

Last edited:

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Can't believe we are comparing Miller with Duminy and Behardien. Miller is far better if you strictly compare past performances alone, and more so if you compare potential
Miller has flattered to deceive.... but he has improved a great deal in the last 18 months. But I`m still not convinced...

I still think SA is sticking to rigorously to formulae.... I would rather put Markram in with Amla as openers and put QDK at 6. He can play both positions and solves SA`s problems of a ball strike at 6. But that is not going to happen.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Miller has flattered to deceive.... but he has improved a great deal in the last 18 months. But I`m still not convinced...

I still think SA is sticking to rigorously to formulae.... I would rather put Markram in with Amla as openers and put QDK at 6. He can play both positions and solves SA`s problems of a ball strike at 6. But that is not going to happen.
QDK is doing great opening and is the best ODI bat after AB and Amla. Should not move him to 6 and waste his potential.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
QDK is doing great opening and is the best ODI bat after AB and Amla. Should not move him to 6 and waste his potential.
Its not like he has less potential at 6, his role just changes.

They should try more players in the middle-order (in Duminy/Behardien's place) rather than doing this.
I would agree if we had any decent middle order batsmen available. But at the moment our best prospects tend to bat top 4 in the FC of SA. (Breetze is another with huge potential!). I understand why batsmen dont want to bat out of position, but I am also of the opinion you need to try pick your most skilled batsmen and find the best place for them in the international setup.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I would agree if we had any decent middle order batsmen available. But at the moment our best prospects tend to bat top 4 in the FC of SA. (Breetze is another with huge potential!). I understand why batsmen dont want to bat out of position, but I am also of the opinion you need to try pick your most skilled batsmen and find the best place for them in the international setup.
Rossouw can play at no. 4 - not sure if he's fit though

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
They could give de Bruyn a go at 4; they probably wouldn't want to bat him any lower than that though, and it'd mean either resting Faf/AB or batting one of them at five.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
They could give de Bruyn a go at 4; they probably wouldn't want to bat him any lower than that though, and it'd mean either resting Faf/AB or batting one of them at five.
de Bruyn at 4 would not be a bad shout... but he has not been doing great since heading back to the domestic competition.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
AB at 5 is the best option for SA anyways...when AB plays at 4 that batting lineup looks too top-heavy

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
He's only batted twice since going back there and hit 195 in one of those innings. :p
Ahh but he got 0 in the other one..... sorry probably still getting a hang over from his recent performance at int level. :(

I think that Markram choice is very much because he is considered the future... so every opportunity will come his way.

Dendarii

International Debutant
I think some want to try fit Bavuma in the ODI team
He's in the current squad and has played one ODI against Ireland, where he opened and made a century. But he's another player who is better suited up the order, so doesn't solve the 5/6 problem.

Niall

International Coach
Bavuma opened in his only ODI and scored 113, he is the back up batsman in the squad so he should play tomorrow. Makram been called into the squad and getting picked instantly instead of Temba instead is a really bad look with quota system in place.

Hopefully if Makram must play then its along with Temba rather than instead of him.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Screw the qouta system, markram should of been in the squad ahead of bavuma to start with.

Markram list record: avg 41.95 strikerate of 94.91 with 4 hundreds
Bavuma avg 29.12 strikerate of 80.35 with 2

Bavuma needs a lot of work on his white ball game...

Niall

International Coach
Screw the qouta system, markram should of been in the squad ahead of bavuma to start with.

Markram list record: avg 41.95 strikerate of 94.91 with 4 hundreds
Bavuma avg 29.12 strikerate of 80.35 with 2

Bavuma needs a lot of work on his white ball game...
Then why is Temba in the squad? It reminds me a little of a dude's names who I have forgotten (not a great sign) having a serious moan when picked for an Indian ODI series as the reserve batsman, someone goes down and they call up Elgar who comes straight into the team. :laugh:

He did to be fair score a century in his only ODI when opening, so can understand somewhat if he is perplexed if he does not play tomorrow.