• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh Tour of South Africa 2017

GRAB

First Class Debutant
Before 2016, in 41 franchise batting innings, he averaged 32,5. I'm not sure when this fine season was... Unless you're talking about the 2016/17, where he did average 71, but he was long since in the team. I think he averaged around 25 in franchise l/o cricket when he was selected for the Proteas...

GRAB

First Class Debutant
Duminy season-by-season:
04-05: 315 @ 25,6
05-06: 149 @ 29,8
06-07: 316 @ 35,1
07-08: 77 @ 28
08-09: 54 @ 54
09-10: 161 @ 53,7
10-11: -
11-12: 307 @ 55,3 (Average at this point 36,0)
12-13: -
13-14: -
14-15: -
15-16: 68 @ 68
16-17: -
Total 37,9
---
Miller season-by-season:
07-08: 91 @ 13
08-09: 21 @ 21
09-10: 366 @ 40,7
10-11: 176 @ 44
11-12: 95 @ 19 (Average at this point 28,8)
12-13: 156 @ 25,6
13-14: 193 @ 96,5
14-15: -
15-16: 42 @ 42
16-17: 355 @ 71 (including his first domestic 100)

akilana

International 12th Man
Milker was picked after a good season in 2010. WHY was Duminy picked for ODIs in 2005 when he was still rubbish.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Duminy was picked early in his career because he had lots of talent; I would argue that Duminy has more natural talent than Miller. The problem was his mental capability never came and he never grew into a quality player. When he finished that innings in Aus, having replaced Prince people (not just from SA) where saying he was a star in the making. Parnell was similar. Fantastic potential that never became reality. SA is not unique in that. So I`ve never had a problem with Duminy and/or Parnells intial selection. What I had a problem with was their continued selection when they continously buckled under pressure.

Dendarii

International Debutant
WHY was Duminy picked for ODIs in 2005 when he was still rubbish.
It's difficult to comment on selections that happened more than 10 years ago, but perhaps t was because he was seen as a promising player. And it is worth noting that he wasn't picked for South Africa for two years after his debut series, and it was another year before he became a regular. His bowling may have also played a role in his selection as at one point it looked like he might become a genuine all-rounder, something which was never applicable to Miller.

GRAB

First Class Debutant
Duminy was picked mostly on FC form... 1,200 runs in 2 seasons with an average of over 50 will get you selected (his career franchise 4-day average is still over 60)... Miller was the 12 highest run scorer when he was selected, with Rossouw, Ingram, Du Plessis, Stiaan, and Vandiar all churning out runs. He made 3 L/O 50s at that point.

akilana

International 12th Man
Duminy was picked early in his career because he had lots of talent; I would argue that Duminy has more natural talent than Miller. The problem was his mental capability never came and he never grew into a quality player. When he finished that innings in Aus, having replaced Prince people (not just from SA) where saying he was a star in the making. Parnell was similar. Fantastic potential that never became reality. SA is not unique in that. So I`ve never had a problem with Duminy and/or Parnells intial selection. What I had a problem with was their continued selection when they continously buckled under pressure.
Exactly my sentiment. Initial selection ok because the selectors probably saw something in him but his continued presense in the team doesnt make sense.

GRAB

First Class Debutant
What do you have against Duminy's OD record? Even recently, apart from a bad series in NZ, has done little wrong. A couple of good knocks in our abortive ICC trophy, some good knocks vs. SL, smashed Aus all over the shop... (Admittedly that may have been the worst Australian bowling attack since some time in their post-Packer 80's nadir...)

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
At least India managed to bowl England out on a couple of occasions in that series (and cheaply on one occasion). Bangladesh’s bowling has been absolutely slaughtered this series; I think they’ve only taken 25 wickets in 2 Tests & 3 ODIs and that includes a couple of run outs.

GRAB

First Class Debutant
Behardien, despite "not being a finisher" (according to everyone, it seems even after Kanpur etc.etc.) finished a lot better than the person who is one... (Again).

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Behardien, despite "not being a finisher" (according to everyone, it seems even after Kanpur etc.etc.) finished a lot better than the person who is one... (Again).
100% for all the **** he gets Behardien is probably the best finisher outside ABdV we have. Miller strikes the ball well, but tends to hit to fielders unless they bowl full tosses at him.

I`m also getting frustrated by the way SA approaches T20's, yes you dont want to be 5 down in 4 overs, but what is the point of having Frylink and Lucky in the team (good strikers of the ball) if the top order batsmen are not willing to take any real risks, until there is 3 overs left.

Bahseph

State Captain
I don't think we gave figured out this format yet they way we have the other two. Just take a look at ABs T20 career for SA. I doubt he has had the same role in more than three or four consecutive games.

Behardien and Frylinck have proven themselves in our domestic competition and we should use them in the roles that they excell in.