• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh Tour of South Africa 2017

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
When you factor in how much QDC struggled with timing, the pitch on the slow side and the outfield the slowest I’ve seen since MCG in the early 90s, that knock is even more amazing than it looks at first glance.

GRAB

First Class Debutant
Batting line-up always looks so much more sound without Miller in it. Yes, he dominates when we're already on top against weak bowling line-ups on flat-pitches. But if there's a collapse, he's guaranteed to be in the middle of it.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Batting line-up always looks so much more sound without Miller in it. Yes, he dominates when we're already on top against weak bowling line-ups on flat-pitches. But if there's a collapse, he's guaranteed to be in the middle of it.
Don't think that Behardien and/or Duminy count as more sound than Miller....

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I do think that Phehlukwayo has potential as a death bowler... just wish he would increase his pace, really feel he needs to be pushing 135-140 consistently.

Stefan9

International Debutant
I would back miller before either duminy or behardien...

SeamUp

International Coach
Nah -

The upside of David is far greater than Behardien particularly considering you looking for clean strikers at 5/6 and has more x-factor

A good fielder like JP/Behardien but probably our best at direct hits and he has a bit on them else where too.

Just a few ICC Event examples too

7th Match Group B (D/N), ICC Champions Trophy at Birmingham, Jun 7 2017 | Match Summary | ESPNCricinfo

3rd Match, Pool B (D/N), ICC Cricket World Cup at Hamilton, Feb 15 2015 | Match Summary | ESPNCricinfo

1st Semi-Final, ICC Champions Trophy at London, Jun 19 2013 | Match Summary | ESPNCricinfo

SeamUp

International Coach
I do think that Phehlukwayo has potential as a death bowler... just wish he would increase his pace, really feel he needs to be pushing 135-140 consistently.
His action is so strong and physically he has the goods too. I reckon it is as much a mental shift for him now as anything.

GRAB

First Class Debutant
Take away Miller's knocks vs WI and Zim and is record is poor, for someone who never even did the hard yards at domestic level to warrant selection. India are coming up next, and he averages an amazing 19 against them... He can't play a seaming or swinging ball, a spinning ball, a fast ball (Mitchell Johnson made him look embarrassing). If bat restrictions ever come in, his one and only asset of hitting through the line is in jeopardy!

Bahseph

State Captain
@ GRAB. I understand your argument about Miller, but he is probably the only proven big hitter at the death other than AB. I don't think he is going anywhere.

Just a thought, I don't think JP has any centuries against anyone other than Zim and Netherlands? Farhaan isn't on either of their levels if you ask me, but he can do a job. I don't mind him being in the squad until someone scores runs domestically.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What a return to form from AB. How many balls did he bring the 100 up in? 60 odd?

Just from looking at the scorecard, it reminds me of some Kenyan displays in the 90s at WCs where they got set mammoth totals, never ever looked like getting the run rate up there where it had to be, but still grinded to a decent for their standards 250 total. Like batting practice more than a serious attempt to win the match

SeamUp

International Coach
Take away Miller's knocks vs WI and Zim and is record is poor, for someone who never even did the hard yards at domestic level to warrant selection. India are coming up next, and he averages an amazing 19 against them... He can't play a seaming or swinging ball, a spinning ball, a fast ball (Mitchell Johnson made him look embarrassing). If bat restrictions ever come in, his one and only asset of hitting through the line is in jeopardy!
Behardien & Duminy ? They've got no form. Certainly not better form than him and certainly Behardien doesn't have the upside to him.

We not looking for him to play the swinging ball at 5/6 because it rarely swings then.
Duminy & Behardien are not much better trying to hit spin.

I've shown you clutch knocks above in ICC events.

He has been scoring runs at a good strike-rate regularly for a while now including in England when he should have got us over the line in Southampton but Morris panicked. It all started in that series vs Australia in 2016. I remember he had that hell of a partnership with Lucky - he repeated similar knocks against Sri Lanka the next home summer.

I also remember some decent ODI knocks on our last visit to Sri Lanka.

Right now you don't have a leg to stand on in this debate.

While Miller has his flaws he certainly makes the batting line-up look better than what it did today.

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All the other lesser teams are in a rebuilding phase: ZIM, Windies,Etc,..

But BD have not learn a thing. They are so terrible.