• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh Tour of South Africa 2017

Dendarii

International Debutant
Then why is Temba in the squad? It reminds me a little of a dude's names who I have forgotten (not a great sign) having a serious moan when picked for an Indian ODI series as the reserve batsman, someone goes down and they call up Elgar who comes straight into the team. :laugh:
I think that was Khaya Zondo.

I agree with you - Bavuma should play ahead of Markram. Even though I think Markram should have been in the squad ahead of Bavuma, Bavuma was initially picked as the backup top order batsman. So with Amla out, Markram should be coming into the squad as the new backup, with Bavuma making the starting team. To do otherwise is a poor selection policy.

I'd have no problem with both Bavuma and Markram playing, which would probably mean that the top three would be Bavuma, Markram, and De Kock (as I'm assuming De Villiers won't keep) in some order, but who else sits out? I guess dropping Duminy or Behardien could work, with De Villiers coming in at five.

Niall

International Coach
I think that was Khaya Zondo.

I agree with you - Bavuma should play ahead of Markram. Even though I think Markram should have been in the squad ahead of Bavuma, Bavuma was initially picked as the backup top order batsman. So with Amla out, Markram should be coming into the squad as the new backup, with Bavuma making the starting team. To do otherwise is a poor selection policy.

I'd have no problem with both Bavuma and Markram playing, which would probably mean that the top three would be Bavuma, Markram, and De Kock (as I'm assuming De Villiers won't keep) in some order, but who else sits out? I guess dropping Duminy or Behardien could work, with De Villiers coming in at five.

Think what they have done today is fair enough, again I don't really rate Temba as an ODI bat, but he deserves to play if the reserve batsman and no disrespect its soft opposition.

FYI, had a small bet on Makram MOTM earlier as I thought he may open, so may as well ccheer on him today!:D

Dendarii

International Debutant
Think what they have done today is fair enough, again I don't really rate Temba as an ODI bat, but he deserves to play if the reserve batsman and no disrespect its soft opposition.
Yeah, we all know why Bavuma is in ODI the squad, but you can't really criticise his performances so far - a century and then 48 off 47 balls today, although admittedly against weaker opposition.

FYI, had a small bet on Makram MOTM earlier as I thought he may open, so may as well ccheer on him today!:D
It looks like you're going to lose that bet as it would probably require Du Plessis to go out pretty soon. But Bangladesh must be sick of the sight of him by now...

Niall

International Coach
Yeah, we all know why Bavuma is in ODI the squad, but you can't really criticise his performances so far - a century and then 48 off 47 balls today, although admittedly against weaker opposition.

It looks like you're going to lose that bet as it would probably require Du Plessis to go out pretty soon. But Bangladesh must be sick of the sight of him by now...
No negativity please, hoping for a Faf slowing down and getting out in the nervous 90's.

However looking at my cricket betting recently, Bangladesh will probably chase whatever in 35 overs today. :laugh:

Niall

International Coach
No negativity please, hoping for a Faf slowing down and getting out in the nervous 90's.

However looking at my cricket betting recently, Bangladesh will probably chase whatever in 35 overs today. :laugh:
So can Makram bowl any fire?:ph34r:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sarkar really needs to lift his game somehow. Been horrible for at least a year or so now.

cnerd123

likes this
October 31st coming a bit early for Bangladesh
been a disaster of a tour

BD need stronger leadership, better team selection, and just more discipline overall. They're not doing their talent justice here. They could have still lost if they had all those things, but atleast then they're giving themselves a chance and are being a lot more competitive. This is just weak.

GRAB

First Class Debutant
Was about to say that, bizarrely, Phehlukwayo finished top of the wickets in the ODI series, but Tahir jumped him with those last two...

akilana

International 12th Man
JP and Bavuma in the side for quota but lets pretend that they are in the squad on merit.
De Bruyn and Elgar have done more than Bavuma in the domestic limited over matches.

GRAB

First Class Debutant
JP and Bavuma in the side for quota but lets pretend that they are in the squad on merit.
De Bruyn and Elgar have done more than Bavuma in the domestic limited over matches.
I'm not sure how Duminy's record in L/O cricket, and especially 2020 (which must be what you're referring to, since that is next?) makes him a quota. If selection was solely on domestic l/o record Miller would never have been in the side (still not in the top 20 average-wise domestically in 50 over)

Last edited:

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I would not mind Elgar getting a shot, but his time has probably past.
I am liking the fact that they picked youngsters in the last team, dropping Duminy and Miller to give Markram, Mulder and Bavuma a shot was good. Mulder in for Pretorious. I am starting to feel Gibson's effect on the team enviroment, in that he is bringing in talented future potential, and not just letting the incumbents have another chance. How much that has to do with Bangladesh series we will see when playing later in the season. I think the only player who can really feel unlucky is de Bruyn.

akilana

International 12th Man
I'm not sure how Duminy's record in L/O cricket, and especially 2020 (which must be what you're referring to, since that is next?) makes him a quota. If selection was solely on domestic l/o record Miller would never have been in the side (still not in the top 20 average-wise domestically in 50 over)
Talking about ODIs. Miller was drafted in to the side after a fine season. Duminy never had a fine season in limited overs domestically.

akilana

International 12th Man
I would not mind Elgar getting a shot, but his time has probably past.
I am liking the fact that they picked youngsters in the last team, dropping Duminy and Miller to give Markram, Mulder and Bavuma a shot was good. Mulder in for Pretorious. I am starting to feel Gibson's effect on the team enviroment, in that he is bringing in talented future potential, and not just letting the incumbents have another chance. How much that has to do with Bangladesh series we will see when playing later in the season. I think the only player who can really feel unlucky is de Bruyn.
If Andile is lucky then De Bryun is unlucky.

GRAB

First Class Debutant
Talking about ODIs. Miller was drafted in to the side after a fine season. Duminy never had a fine season in limited overs domestically.
Despite having a far superior domestic L/O record, Duminy has never had a fine season domestically. This is insane troll logic...