• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh Tour of New Zealand

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Banglas are going to get bowled out aren’t they?
That'll be a shocker.

Hope we get to play India, Aus and Eng lots more in future particularly at home. I can confidently say anyone else visits our shore right now it's going to be a mauling.

Like to see more competitive sides visit us (without sounding too ****y)

thierry henry

International Coach
For some reason I thought Astle had retired lol.
After years on the fringes of the test side, then injured when he was certain to be selected, then finally back from injury and in the side and with a spot opening up for him...he retired from tests. About as weirdly timed as you could imagine.

Moss

For some reason I thought Astle had retired lol.
Retired from tests only. Bit of a strange choice as Santner and Sodhi have always been preferred in limited overs, but then again Kane barely gave the ball to him in the few tests he did play.

Moss

That'll be a shocker.

Hope we get to play India, Aus and Eng lots more in future particularly at home. I can confidently say anyone else visits our shore right now it's going to be a mauling.

Like to see more competitive sides visit us (without sounding too ****y)
Think South Africa next year will be a good contest, they’ve always done well in NZ albeit with much better sides. At least, I don’t think an asterisk would be attached if NZ beat them at home.

nzfan

Retired from tests only. Bit of a strange choice as Santner and Sodhi have always been preferred in limited overs, but then again Kane barely gave the ball to him in the few tests he did play.
Kane must reckon only reason you bring on spinners is to get from 50 to 100 as a batter. Just doesn't rate the spinners the dude.

Last edited:

nzfan

Think South Africa next year will be a good contest, they’ve always done well in NZ albeit with much better sides. At least, I don’t think an asterisk would be attached if NZ beat them at home.
I think currently we'll be all right vs South Africa. I'd be very disappointed if we don't beat them hands down. The powers have definitely shifted. I'd expect us to beat them even in South Africa.

There's huge gap between the top 4 (including BCs in that obviously) and the rest I'd like to think.

thundaboult

International Debutant
I think currently we'll be all right vs South Africa. I'd be very disappointed if we don't beat them hands down. The powers have definitely shifted. I'd expect us to beat them even in South Africa.

There's huge gap between the top 4 (including BCs in that obviously) and the rest I'd like to think.
yeah we should be beating the current saf team anywhere any format these days

thundaboult

International Debutant
Hype: For the first time in NZC history, two 150km guys will bowl in the SAME ATTACK. 4 overs of RELENTLESS MAYHEM.

Milne and Lockie: Lets bowl slower balls lol

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
yeah we should be beating the current saf team anywhere any format these days
JAMODIs are random AF though...can't bring myself to make any predictions or really invest much in the result unless we're playing a full strength Australia which is never.

Odd because ODIs used to be my favourite format. Just very little riding on it now.

thundaboult

International Debutant
JAMODIs are random AF though...can't bring myself to make any predictions or really invest much in the result unless we're playing a full strength Australia which is never.

Odd because ODIs used to be my favourite format. Just very little riding on it now.
It'll be back post t20wc aus 2022

Heboric

International Debutant
I dunno New Zealand remind me a little of Australia, no matter how crap the South African side is for some reason do well against those sides. Especially in test matches

The Hutt Rec

Did anyone in NZ bother going to or watching this woeful match up?
Well the Basin ODI got moved from the weekend to a Friday to give Bangladesh more time to prepare, apparently (I’d have hated to see them with less time!) ... so no. Had a work conference that day, couldn’t have taken it off if I wanted.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Did anyone in NZ bother going to or watching this woeful match up?
Went to the last T20, but tbh I was more interested in the 1-1 women's series decider against Australia... which was rained off after 17 balls. FFS. Hardly worth the two-hour drive.

Can't say I got much pleasure from the drubbing that followed. Seemed like Bangladesh were already mentally on the plane home.