• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in Zimbabwe

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Great stuff. Can't wait for zim to hand out some further embarrasment to the bc's!

Flem274*

123/5
@ PEWS; They can actually play test cricket most of the time though.

So many leaky holes. Ashraful being in the side again says it all. I know he got a fifty, but lets be honest, he's the Matthew Sinclair of Bangladeshi cricket without the talent, patience or technique.

cricman

International 12th Man
I don't know if t was the Pitch or the Ball but in the 4th Innings

Vittori finally got the ball comeback in Sharply to RHB bowling around the Wicket. He's definitely one to watch

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well done Zimbabwe, great return and comprehensive win too. Totally outplayed Bangladesh, shame it only a 1 match series.

As for that declaration, ha, shows what gimps like us know.

Last edited:

Chubb

International Regular
Zim have uncovered a pair of promising seamers in this test, and they will stand them in good stead for the next few years. Brilliant to see, really happy right now.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It's becoming a trend of late that I'm actually agreeing with the captains declarations far more often than the general consensus on here.

Anyway, as for the game ZIM had contributions from everyone. Bangladesh probably have 10 players unhappy with their individual performances, Ashraful was Banga's best and that says it all..

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Great morale-boosting return to test cricket for Zim. Plenty of prospects to work with there. Starting with the two men that took the new ball.

But pray tell me this ... what purpose is served by having a one-test series?

EnglishCricket

Cricket Spectator
Great morale-boosting return to test cricket for Zim. Plenty of prospects to work with there. Starting with the two men that took the new ball.

Absolutely none, very strange, must have suspected Zim to be ****.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Smash and grab. Zimbabwe just whitewashed the opposition in their first series back! :p

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah one-test against a team who hadn't played a test in over a year. It just seems like poor planning, was Bangladesh just rusty, did Zimbabwe just all come into a bit of lucky form? Is Mpofu a total shunt?

Questions like this can't be answered in one Test.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah one-test against a team who hadn't played a test in over a year. It just seems like poor planning, was Bangladesh just rusty, did Zimbabwe just all come into a bit of lucky form? Is Mpofu a total shunt?

Questions like this can't be answered in one Test.
Last one can IMO. :ph34r:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Home Test Status ftw.

Doesn't seem like Bangladesh give a **** about Tests anyway. Same old story from the batsmen - get in and get out again.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Home Test Status ftw.

Doesn't seem like Bangladesh give a **** about Tests anyway. Same old story from the batsmen - get in and get out again.
Don't you reckon the Home Test status teams should be able to tour each other at least? To get some kind of experience at other conditions?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'll come clean, I have no interest in anything besides seeing Razzak bat again.
Yeah he really ****ed tofu over, some terrible balls in that over as well. Those three slog sweeps to Price were just as entertaining.

pup11

International Coach
This test further shows why its high time a two-tier test cricket system is introduced, a team like Bangladesh which has been playing test cricket for last decade against all top nations loses a test comprehensively to a team that's making their test return after a long time.

The right to play against the top test nations is something that should be earned and the lower ranked test sides would only improve if they play more test cricket within themselves and on basis of their performances in tier 2 make a place for themselves in tier 1 of the test playing nations.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't you reckon the Home Test status teams should be able to tour each other at least? To get some kind of experience at other conditions?
Yes, that's largely how I'd envision it working. Along with tours playing domestic sides and whatnot.

Bangladesh are starting to annoy me. I don't have a problem with their crapness initially, it's just the approach to Test match batting. It seems like a deeply engrained cultural thing to some extent. Apart from a few of them rivalling Shahid Afridi for lack of intelligence they just play Test matches as if it's a ODI with a few extra overs tacked on if you happen to be still batting. I think there's almost a lack of respect for Tests. If Ireland had things thrown at them like Bangladesh have you know they'd play the game properly and many years later they'd not be consistently playing ODI innings in a Test match.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
If the Zim attack is so useless, I wonder what Tamim makes of his teammates? You know the seam attack where no seamer averages fewer than 65 with the ball or the spinner who darts them and average 60+ a wicket.

Zimbabwe v Bangladesh: 'If we don't do anything silly, we will win' - Tamim Iqbal | Zimbabwe v Bangladesh, Only Test, Harare, 4th day Report | Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

For a cricketer with such an ordinary record (comparatively) and who plays for a joke of a side, he has got a decent chip on his shoulder.
I think Tamim has an awful lot of ability, but his shot selection and statements like that suggest that perhaps he's not the sharpest knife in the draw.

It's always satisfying to see hubris pricked, anyway.

EnglishCricket

Cricket Spectator
I think Tamim has an awful lot of ability, but his shot selection and statements like that suggest that perhaps he's not the sharpest knife in the draw.

It's always satisfying to see hubris pricked, anyway.
What a dumb thing to say before a Test match, totally the wrong mindset and underestimating your opponent big time.