• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/2017

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Eh I liked it. The last few times I've see a big score being racked up it was in Asia, and usually Indian batsmen thrashing about ****** bowling.

This wicket had pace and bounce and swing and both sides bowled pretty well. Was a refreshing change.
Day 1 albeit shortened was interesting with NZ bowling poorly on a greenish wicket. Wicket then flattened out, most of the next 3 days were writes-off aside from the historical feats and then it started getting interesting again yesterday afternoon with Bangladesh contriving to lose a game where both teams scored 500+ and there has been weather about. It’s a remarkable result but a pretty unremarkable game to watch.

cnerd123

likes this
Oh c'mon, Southee and Boult bowled garbage (at least they did in the first innings, haven't seen anything today).
I just followed that patch of play in the first innings where Shakib and Mushy were absolutely piling it on, and whenever I tuned it they didn't seem to be bowling that badly. They found the edges a lot, there were dropped catches, there was swing. A bit of that was down to some poor shot selection, but I guess whenever I see the ball swinging and finding the edge I think that's good bowling. good to watch

BD bowled well throughout, and I haven't seen today's play. But both Cricinfo and Cricbuzz comms have been praising NZ's short pitched bowling and apparently they found reverse swing too.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's enough toxicity in this thread without me needing to add to it.

I can rant about flat pitches and **** batting on the podcast. For now, i'm focusing on the positives.
It's sickening to lose like that. I would be in tears. Your reaction reminds me of this.

Burgey

It's ok *****, let it out mate. It must be disappointing for it to go this way, despite the injuries.

Has there been any update on the fella who got hit?

Blocky

Banned
It's ok *****, let it out mate. It must be disappointing for it to go this way, despite the injuries.

Yeah, cleared of anything serious, probably a bit of a concussion to go with his broken fingers - already back at the ground in the viewing area with the team.

cnerd123

likes this

It's actually not. You gotta be prepared to lose to win, you have to show intent, and that's what these lads went out there and demonstrated.

They played a lot like Australia they did.

indiaholic

International Captain
Don't ask ***** to have a waah.. With the number of waahs already there on this thread, we will reach critical waah and explode.

cnerd123

likes this
Don't ask ***** to have a waah.. With the number of waahs already there on this thread, we will reach critical waah and explode.
God I miss the India/England thread already. How good was that? Even if India had lost, it was a billion times better than having to put up with whats going on in here.

Everytime guys like Athlai or Thierry Henry makes a post here I'm so excited. But it's so far and few between.

Zinzan

Wouldn't it rip KW's undies if Taylor suddenly banged 3 sixes in the row to finish it this over.

Blocky

Banned
God I miss the India/England thread already. How good was that? Even if India had lost, it was a billion times better than having to put up with whats going on in here.

Everytime guys like Athlai or Thierry Henry makes a post here I'm so excited. But it's so far and few between.
So leave.

Blocky

Banned
Wouldn't it rip KW's undies if Taylor suddenly banged 3 sixes in the row to finish it this over.
Nah, I doubt he'd care, he's weird like that - remember the ODI where he finished on 95 and told Neesham to just finish it instead of manufacturing a ton for him.

indiaholic

International Captain

This is a waah ftr.