• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/2017

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Doull you complete idiot... the reason you tuck your trousers into your socks is to stop the dirty dismissal when a leg side delivery flicks your trouser leg and the blind umpire gives you out based on the noise made. That's **** you learn in highschool cricket, let alone international.
Beat me to it. Surprised the batsmen in the box didn't correct him.

Blocky

Banned
Beat me to it. Surprised the batsmen in the box didn't correct him.
Next he'll be saying "Don't strap your leg pads tight, and leave the flap open rather than tucking it in"

The sad thing is he was an outstanding batsman at club level, so should know better himself - he had several seasons in a row averaging 60+

cnerd123

likes this
Williamson too good

I hope the BD camp go back and reflect on this game, and come back in the second test still playing aggressive and hunting for the win. Really all they need is more discretion from their batsmen, and maybe a better fielding effort. Both easier said than done. But there are plenty of positives to take from this performance. Just need to not stay demoralised with this loss.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Well as far as batting goes, this is a pretty dominant, lead from the front type innings from Williamson. He's turned what seemed like it might be a tad nervous into a walk in the park. Good to see from him.

Blocky

Banned
Pretty hard judging a MOTM here to be honest, I guess if Williamson ended not out with a better than run a ball century he'd be putting his hand up, can't really give it to Shakib, Latham is potentially there, Wagner with his six for the match.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty hard judging a MOTM here to be honest, I guess if Williamson ended not out with a better than run a ball century he'd be putting his hand up, can't really give it to Shakib, Latham is potentially there, Wagner with his six for the match.
Gotta be Latham, his innings just about single-handedly kept NZ in the match long enough for the Bangerz to self-combust.

Zinzan

If KW gets 53 & an unbeaten run a ball hundred, getting his team home by 8 wickets, it's his.

Zinzan

Gotta be Latham, his innings just about single-handedly kept NZ in the match long enough for the Bangerz to self-combust.
Actually that's probably fair looking at it from that point of view. He allowed them to be close enough to have an outside nudge.

Blocky

Banned
You'd argue in that case strongly for the Watling/Santner partnership too... in particular Santner who turned what looked like a 400ish score into 500+

cnerd123

likes this
Nah, good 5th day. Pitch made the majority of this terrible to watch.
Eh I liked it. The last few times I've see a big score being racked up it was in Asia, and usually Indian batsmen thrashing about ****** bowling.

This wicket had pace and bounce and swing and both sides bowled pretty well. Was a refreshing change.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Eh I liked it. The last few times I've see a big score being racked up it was in Asia, and usually Indian batsmen thrashing about ****** bowling.

This wicket had pace and bounce and swing and both sides bowled pretty well. Was a refreshing change.
Oh c'mon, Southee and Boult bowled garbage (at least they did in the first innings, haven't seen anything today).

Blocky

Banned

This wicket had pace (Nope) and bounce (Nope) and swing (Not really) and both sides bowled pretty well (Not at all). Was a refreshing change.
Yeah, analysing CricBuzz scorecards often doesn't tell the story of a match it seems...

Last edited: