• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2010/11

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha yeah I know; I was talking about his Test prospects which centre around him batting six, for now. Three's definitely his spot.
Yeah but the last bloke to bat 3 on debut for Australia was probs Justin Langer and it's with good reason; at that level your technique should be good enough to bat anywhere in the top 6 and it's obviously a far lower pressure spot. For less experienced players, don't think where they bat when they play Tests is a big factor.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mcdonald looks to being going hard. I'd herd he improved quite abit lwith the bat ast season looks to be off to a good start this season. The vics match looks back to set cameras on the stream. The tassie game had proper camera work being done :(
Still hard to believe that he wasnt given more of a run at international level - just because you dont look fashionable doesnt mean that you arent any good

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Was I imagining things or did Aaron O'Brien just decide to roll in with a couple of overs of medium pace?
Haha he's taken a wicket with it! Rank long hop pulled straight to midwicket. EDIT: Wasn't a wicket evidently.

Wonder if he bowled any medium pace last season.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You might be thinking of Ben Edmonson?
Nah, Edmondson bowls right arm, and he's bowling from the far end. Someone's bowling left arm medium pace out there. Cricinfo seems to be crediting it to O'Brien and it's the only thing that makes sense.

alvarez

First Class Debutant
What an innings from Maddinson. Really took off after the lunch break. 34 balls to go from 50 to 100. Also 100 up for Khawaja.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Khawaja's in top form. Good knock will hopefully put pressure on the lads club in the current australian side.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Darren Pattinson destroying the Western Australia top-order. Cannot believe his first class average has jumped out to 35. He is a much better bowler than that average suggests.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Quality talent Hastings. Bustling bowler and really solid hitter of the ball. A mile better than Hopes.
Nah no way, not in domestic cricket. Hopes's bowling is way more tidy at this stage.

Great day for the youngsters. Maddinson, Finch and Khawaja all ones to watch out for in the future.
Awesome day for the 2 NSW players indeed, I love Khawaja, reckon he would be awesome batting at 4 in the Aussie lineup, moving Clarke down to 5. Number 6 can be a mad scramble between about 6 players with Hussey currently the front runner.

Andrew McDonald's innings would have been awesome to see!

Spikey

I can guarantee you all had North got a duck instead of a 100 in that other match we shall not name, Usman would have also got a duck today. alas.

Sylvester

State Captain
Khawaja wouldn't look out of place at 3 either, definitely looking good as Ponting's replacement. If McDonald keeps this sort of batting form up he might get himself a late ODI ticket or maybe even another Test cap. His bowling would certainly be handy if he could keep himself in the side as a batter.

Top_Cat

Khawaja wouldn't look out of place at 3 either, definitely looking good as Ponting's replacement.
haha, let's not go nuts over a ton against that SA attack on a typical Adelaide belter. He really did look very good but my god there was plenty of short **** served up to NSW today.

Edmonson looked okay when he got the ball in the batter's half, though. Like the look of Cassel too, reckon he's got the right game to take wickets in Adelaide when he finds his range. The rest, eeesh....

Last edited:

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
haha, let's not go nuts over a ton against that SA attack on a typical Adelaide belter. He really did look very good but my god there was plenty of short **** served up to NSW today.

Edmonson looked okay when he got the ball in the batter's half, though. Like the look of Cassel too, reckon he's got the right game to take wickets in Adelaide when he finds his range. The rest, eeesh....
Agreed. There was something like 52 boundaries hit today at the Adelaide Oval and that is pretty much just a sign of short and wayward bowling. I don't know if Klinger's field settings were that great either tbh. I think Edmonson just needs to keep pitching the ball on a good length and use the bouncer a bit more sparingly then he did today. He is pretty fired up guy as well, had plenty to say to the batsmen!

Duval actually had the best figures today so he was a suprise for me. I think the Redbacks will start to perform soon, I wouldn't be worried to much about being smashed around by the NSW batting line-up, the first few days of a shield game was always going to be a struggle for this new line-up.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Wow, 18-year old Maddinson makes 113 on debut for NSW, sort of stuff I was expecting from Micheal Hill years ago.

....and Usman is 175* but North locked in for 3 Ashes Tests of crap, before a century saves him in the 4th Test :ph34r: More scores like this will definitely put Hussey under pressure...