• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2010/11

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Massive opportunity for Hill to score runs this game. Needs to cement a spot in the side as he is a massive talent and hasn't really performed for Victoria yet. Western Australia bowling attack is very light on experience. When did Beer cross over to the West?
Brockley posted this article on Beer the other day Victorian hopeful gets nod for WA It looks like he joined in the winter.

Vics doing well 0/97 at lunch, it looks like Siddle is injured again. Noffke once again getting hit around, 40 from 7 overs.

If someones live stream works let me know please!

outbreak

First Class Debutant
There goes HIll's chance. Out for 47. Let's see how Finch starts his FC season. Wish the streaming worked was keen to see how Finch bats today.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Haha, Victoria fielding a Michael Hill Jewell-er opening partnership. I like it.
Haha. Good spot.

Victoria well on top. Jewell such a solid cricketer to have opening the batting. Any team would love an opening batsman just guaranteed to average 35-40 every season at the top of the order. I hope he plays more games, I'm not sure if this is seen as a temporary measure.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha. Good spot.

Victoria well on top. Jewell such a solid cricketer to have opening the batting. Any team would love an opening batsman just guaranteed to average 35-40 every season at the top of the order. I hope he plays more games, I'm not sure if this is seen as a temporary measure.
Yeah Jewell's a very under-rated cricketer. He was a bit of a late bloomer and he doesn't play one day cricket - both factors have contributed to him going a bit unnoticed. "Retired" a bit early for a late bloomer too. He's one of those players who I think could've had a semi-decent Test career if he was from another country.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Beer gets his first first class wicket and it's a big wicket in David Hussey!

Also I just read James Pattinson has been ruled out of the Aussie ODI team. Cricket Australia > Latest News > News

His team mate John Hastings has made the team which is awesome news! In the Aus-Ind thread I was saying Hastings and Rimmington were unlucky to not be in the squad ahead of Starc and Pattinson so I'm glad one of them has made it.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Great news on Hastings. Personally i think he can fill a gap more then Pattinson could. We already have afew up and comming pacemen who are rated higher then Pattinson but Hastings can contribute with the bat and bowls abit different to the other guys. Hoping he gets a game

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Quality talent Hastings. Bustling bowler and really solid hitter of the ball. A mile better than Hopes.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Quality talent Hastings. Bustling bowler and really solid hitter of the ball. A mile better than Hopes.
Only saw him bowl in the CL for Victoria recently. But given he is big unit, certainly looks capable of being a solid hitter. We shall see how he progresses.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Don't really rate Hastings at all but at least they've picked a bloke on performance (even if it was pretty short-term).

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
It looks like the CA are spot on with their streaming again 8-). All I see is the bloody Cricket Australia logo again. Somebody needs to tell them it's not working because I really want to watch the games.

Duval named instead of Putland in the shield line-up, interesting..

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They're both in the XI according to Cricinfo. No mention of Cassel who is actually playing. haha

Anyway, much of a muchness for mine. Could toss a coin.

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Don't really rate Hastings at all but at least they've picked a bloke on performance (even if it was pretty short-term).
Ye i sorta agree. But i didn't want to come out & state that i dont rate his bowling which i saw, since i dont see AUS domestic cricket. Thus didn't want to make a sweeping judgement on just one seeing him bowl once, since he conceivably could have actually looked good bowling in some match that the selectors or someone may have seen.

I do find it poor that all these youngster are being preferred to Nannes given the senior quicks are being rested for that ODI series. SMH

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ye i sorta agree. But i didn't want to come out & state that i dont rate his bowling which i saw, since i dont see AUS domestic cricket. Thus didn't want to make a sweeping judgement on just one seeing him bowl once, since he conceivably could have actually looked good bowling in some match that the selectors or someone may have seen.

I do find it poor that all these youngster are being preferred to Nannes given the senior quicks are being rested for that ODI series. SMH
He never really looks like there's much to him IMO. He bowls a "heavy ball" you'd say, but he doesn't get any swing and he sends it down between 125 and 130 km/h. Seams it around a little but but he's no McGrath either. Most of his wickets come from the fact that he gets lots of bounce and perhaps hurries the batsmen off the wicket more than they think given his action. Instinct definitely tells me that he'll get pumped at international level but I thought that about his bowling and domestic level as well and he's taken wickets for fun. He definitely seems to have that knack of picking up wickets off less than remarkable balls - whether that lasts is the question I suppose.

Can't knock the selectors too much for picking a guy with the sort of performance he's had behind him though, so it was a fair pick.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Every season NSW seem to get into a situation where they have about 25 players out and have to select someone like Scott Coyte. He dead set wouldn't make a NSW Third XI if we were at full strength. It really doesn't seem to matter how much depth a team has; prank-players always find their way in.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Every season NSW seem to get into a situation where they have about 25 players out and have to select someone like Scott Coyte. He dead set wouldn't make a NSW Third XI if we were at full strength. It really doesn't seem to matter how much depth a team has; prank-players always find their way in.
Agreed. Surely somebody like Mark Cameron would make it over Scott Coyte? The guy didn't even take that many grade wickets last season but he made some runs.

This streaming problem is really annoying me :@.