• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
It will be toss up between Smith, O'Keefe and Lambert for 2nd all rounders spot. O'Keefe likely to be 12th man as he probably the weakest with bat and bowl out of those three.
I haven't seen much of O'Keefe but he apparently showed very good form in the trial match against SA, wouldn't be surprised to see him get a run.

Last season Hauritz was bowling fairly dire, and was going for a fair few runs in the Ford Ranger Cup. I didn't see him bowl much, mainly highlights, where he was being ripped to pieces by the oppositions batsmen. Is this correct?
I remember Hauritz bowling fairly tightly most of the FRC season. I think he was crucified by the captain being used at odd times when the batsmen were looking to target someone and he was the obvious option.

Jakester1288

International Regular
I remember Hauritz bowling fairly tightly most of the FRC season. I think he was crucified by the captain being used at odd times when the batsmen were looking to target someone and he was the obvious option.
As I mentioned, I only saw the highlights, where they show batsmen clubbing boundaries, and he seems to be put away a lot from what I saw.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Last season Hauritz was bowling fairly dire, and was going for a fair few runs in the Ford Ranger Cup. I didn't see him bowl much, mainly highlights, where he was being ripped to pieces by the oppositions batsmen. Is this correct?
No, it's not. Hauritz was one of the better bowlers of the competition last season. Remember him having a lot of simple catches dropped off his bowling though, and some **** decisions go against him.

Jakester1288

International Regular
TEENAGER Steven Smith has kept Australia spinner Beau Casson out of the NSW Blues' starting line-up for the opening one-day domestic fixture against Western Warriors in Perth next Wednesday.

More...

What next? We are calling for his selection for Australia and he can't even make the New South Wales team for the opening game of the season.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Smith will be tighter than Casson and adds a tad more with the bat, good selection on the back of his efforts last season imo.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Side-strain, 6 weeks, I read somewhere not that long ago.
He hasn't bowled since the grade final for St George, six months ago. I read in the paper he was playing as batsmen for St George in Grade cricket. Funny thing is that he got selected for Australia when he wasn't even bowling.

More injury prone the Watson.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
He hasn't bowled since the grade final for St George, six months ago. I read in the paper he was playing as batsmen for St George in Grade cricket. Funny thing is that he got selected for Australia when he wasn't even bowling.

More injury prone the Watson.
Pretty sure he was bowling in the some of the acadamy matches.

Most genuine all-rounders seem to get injured quite a bit.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, he was bowling all off-season from what I understand. Got back to NSW from the Academy and did his side straight away.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
TEENAGER Steven Smith has kept Australia spinner Beau Casson out of the NSW Blues' starting line-up for the opening one-day domestic fixture against Western Warriors in Perth next Wednesday.

More...

What next? We are calling for his selection for Australia and he can't even make the New South Wales team for the opening game of the season.
Look, I don't really rate Casson much at all, but no-one was calling for him to play in the one day games for Australia. He's not a very good one day bowler and his batting style doesn't suit the format either. Don't see how it's relevant to his potential Test selection (though again I must make it clear I don't think he should be there).

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
I've heard he's a bit of a ****, but he's regarded as a pretty talented bloke tbh. Did he do your misses or have you just seen him playing **** regularly?
Have seen him play for the U19s and academy and thought he was a **** of a human on both occasions. Opened the batting for the academy in the Emerging Players final recently and couldn't get bat on ball. Looked out of his depth. Bowling was average but I've seen worse.

Jakester1288

International Regular
This year will be very close, at the moment I cant tell anything except if all teams play to potential, New South Wales will not win.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Queensland batting looks so shaky. Really need Love & Perren to have good seasons whilst some of the younger blokes get stuck into things. What does anyone know about Glen Batticciotto?

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Queensland batting looks so shaky. Really need Love & Perren to have good seasons whilst some of the younger blokes get stuck into things. What does anyone know about Glen Batticciotto?
Was the best in QLD grade last season IIRC.

Any of the NSW fans here think Lambert is a chance to open with Hughes on Wednesday? If it's not Forrest then who could it be? I keep thinking they might throw him up there to extend the batting order given how weak it looks.

Edit: In my tired state I've forgotten that I had him penned in as carrying the drinks. Still, if he's going to play it's a genuine question.

Last edited: