• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

Chubb

International Regular
Maybe someone could answer this question for me; why is Chris Simpson the captain of Queensland, averaging 20 with bat and over 60 with the ball? He must have to be a brilliant skipper? Just something I was wondering about when I looked at the final scorecard.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Might not have anything to do with his captaincy, but QLD did finish very low on all three tables last season, however this season we made the preliminary final of the 20/20, won the FR cup and were runners up in the Sheffield Shield. That's one hell of an improvement.

redhotchilipepa

U19 Vice-Captain
Hey Guys,

Am very lucky to be sitting at home on a Friday night with a cold.:wacko: So thought I would post some photos up of the South Australian State Players' Awards night that me and the t cat attended last night.

Was a really great night, my first time ever at such an event, and there was a really positive feel amongst everyone; staff, players, stakeholders etc. The players were in good spirits and it is obvious that their good season has instilled a greater feeling of pride in the boys who are now able to hit back at critics who predicted that they would be propping up the tables in ALL competitions.:ph34r:
There were so many stand-out individual performances this season; Dan Harris had his best season to date, Mark Cleary was a stand-out bowler taking 10 wickets in the last match against Tasmania, Dan Christian was handy with ball and bat, Choc Manou provided brilliant leadership and had just made the international twenty20 side, Callum Ferguson made the aussie side and is currently in South Africa, Mark Cosgrove finished the season strongly. We had so 12 players make their South Australian debuts this season; young stand-outs being Jake Haberfield, Tom Cooper, Peter George and James Smith. (sorry if i am forgetting someone; am sick and tired and rambling from memory)

Of course, star-recruit from Victoria Michael Klinger had an amazing season. He finished top of the national batting table in the first-class comp, (1203 runs) second in the one-days and made a first-class high score of 255 (which off the top of my head was against WA, i think?)

Can't help but feel excited about next season when we have had so many star team and individual performances. The quality of the debutants this year demonstrates the depth that the Redbacks now have and will continue to build on.

OKay so photos.... (sorry about crappy phone camera quality)
- Graham Manou talking about the Redbacks season

- Paul Rofe in the players skit, they did a 'so you think you can commentate' type of thing, was pretty good haha.

- Dan Christian doing his attempt at a pitch report

- the legend Nugget Rees and Dan Christian (Nugget gave Corey applause for being "boyfriend Corey" haha.)

- Michael Klinger being awarded the Neil Dansie medal (SA crickets highest honour) for being the most outstanding cricket in all forms of the game. No surprise to anyone in the crowd really.

- Finally, me and the great man himself. :D

Hope I've linked these photos properly... (Okay so I haven't but here is the link to my facebook photo album of the night if you're really that interested! http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=74823&id=748156246&l=2909e63f54)

What a great end to the season; great job by the Redbacks this season.

Looking forward to seeing the Aussie guys in the international twenty20 coming up..

Last edited:

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Hey Guys,

Am very lucky to be sitting at home on a Friday night with a cold.:wacko: So thought I would post some photos up of the South Australian State Players' Awards night that me and the t cat attended last night.

Was a really great night, my first time ever at such an event, and there was a really positive feel amongst everyone; staff, players, stakeholders etc. The players were in good spirits and it is obvious that their good season has instilled a greater feeling of pride in the boys who are now able to hit back at critics who predicted that they would be propping up the tables in ALL competitions.:ph34r:
There were so many stand-out individual performances this season; Dan Harris had his best season to date, Mark Cleary was a stand-out bowler taking 10 wickets in the last match against Tasmania, Dan Christian was handy with ball and bat, Choc Manou provided brilliant leadership and had just made the international twenty20 side, Callum Ferguson made the aussie side and is currently in South Africa, Mark Cosgrove finished the season strongly. We had so 12 players make their South Australian debuts this season; young stand-outs being Jake Haberfield, Tom Cooper, Peter George and James Smith. (sorry if i am forgetting someone; am sick and tired and rambling from memory)

Of course, star-recruit from Victoria Michael Klinger had an amazing season. He finished top of the national batting table in the first-class comp, (1203 runs) second in the one-days and made a first-class high score of 255 (which off the top of my head was against WA, i think?)

Can't help but feel excited about next season when we have had so many star team and individual performances. The quality of the debutants this year demonstrates the depth that the Redbacks now have and will continue to build on.

OKay so photos.... (sorry about crappy phone camera quality)
- Graham Manou talking about the Redbacks season

- Paul Rofe in the players skit, they did a 'so you think you can commentate' type of thing, was pretty good haha.

- Dan Christian doing his attempt at a pitch report

- the legend Nugget Rees and Dan Christian (Nugget gave Corey applause for being "boyfriend Corey" haha.)

- Michael Klinger being awarded the Neil Dansie medal (SA crickets highest honour) for being the most outstanding cricket in all forms of the game. No surprise to anyone in the crowd really.

- Finally, me and the great man himself. :D

Hope I've linked these photos properly... (Okay so I haven't but here is the link to my facebook photo album of the night if you're really that interested! Kirsty Brooks's Photos - South aussie cricket awards night | Facebook)

What a great end to the season; great job by the Redbacks this season.

Looking forward to seeing the Aussie guys in the international twenty20 coming up..
good stuff, must of been a good night. Paul Rofe was doing some commentating for ABC this season or something.

keep the redbacks stuff up, looking forward to next season.