• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Before this Head had bowled against England, India, NZ, and Pakistan (for 38 overs, 124 runs, 0 wickets). Today 2.5 overs, 4/10!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Before this Head had bowled against England, India, NZ, and Pakistan (for 38 overs, 124 runs, 0 wickets). Today 2.5 overs, 4/10!
He can't have made of an impression against England at least, because if someone had asked me before today if Head turned his arm over, I'd have said no.

54 FC wickets @ 68.18 from 135 games (before today) doesn't exactly scream "useful part timer".

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
So Travis Head was the inspiration behind our boys picking a player (Bracewell) that started as a wicket keeper and trying to turn into an offie?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He can't have made of an impression against England at least, because if someone had asked me before today if Head turned his arm over, I'd have said no.

54 FC wickets @ 68.18 from 135 games (before today) doesn't exactly scream "useful part timer".
He's actually quite a decent bowler. Just very, very difficult to get decent stats as a finger spinner in Aus on the shield wickets we've had over the last decade. SA (Head's team) have probably played most, or second most, on the roadiest pitches in that time too.

Send Jack Leach to aus Shield cricket he wouldn't average sub-50

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
That felt very anti-climatic.... but it looked a great innings from Green, when watching the highlights.

Burgey

Head

Batting average: 41
Bowling average: 34

Wade

Batting average: 30
Bowling average: ∞

D A I L Y R E M I N D E R
A
I
L
Y

R
E
M
I
N
D
E
R
How quiet are the h8ers? They can suck it!

TJB and Shady can suck it!

S U C K I T
U
C
K
I
T

Suck it

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Not quite the scorecard I was expecting when I checked this morning. Foolishly I thought they might still be playing, didn't count on Travis the Destroyer.

morgieb

Only two tests I believe.

this one ended before lunch day three after about 35 overs were lost on day two. I can’t remember Aus being involved in too many shorter than that in terms of overs in recent times (154 overs I think it was).
SL batted for less than a day’s worth of overs in total over two innings. Fer shame
In terms of balls faced, this is the third shortest Test ever to get a result.

EDIT: Looks like CricInfo is wrong - by my count it's the 13th. Surprisingly the list skews more modern than you'd expect.

trundler

That's a rather unexpected scorecard. But then again Lanka gave Dom Bess the most underserved fifer ever.