• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022

Spark

Global Moderator
It'

Took peak Smith, an out of form Kohli and an absurd effort from Kohli to scrape 2-1. Not entirely confident thus time around.
This is a significantly more even team than that one though. Not that it outweighs peak Smith, but you have to consider that as well.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We did go very close to winning there last time. Granted that had peak TPC so
Yeah, also had SOK as 2nd spinner and I think Lyon was a better bowler then than he is now. He doesn't seem to put as much pep on the ball as he did back then. Green is a huge in though - his better-than-an-average-medium-pacer stuff means the quicks we do pick can stay much fresher than would be the case if you had a Watto-paced type A/R in the frame.

Seconds spinner is a real problem. It would have been good had Agar got a run in this series to see if he could have an impact on SC turners. I don't favour Swepson over there vs India or Holland for that matter. And I think it's too big an ask for TSang to dayboo there and have an real impact.

If Smith could find something like his best form again it would help, but I can't really see the batting doing enough against Ashwin & Jadeja on their decks - they're another order of magnitude on what we've faced this test.

morgieb

This is a significantly more even team than that one though. Not that it outweighs peak Smith, but you have to consider that as well.
I feel like India are a worse side now than they were in 2017 too.

Not saying we’ll win but I certainly think we’ll do better than 4-0.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Team is more even, but India have a far better lineup in SC conditions. Pant and Iyer are the exact kind of batsmen who can do the **** jadeja did last series to tip things in india's favour, especially considering swepson's lack of consistency.

ashley bach

International Captain
Feel a little bit sorry for all those Aussies coming home from work looking forward to watching cricket today.
5 minutes to lunch, may as well chuck this last wicket and end the misery.

TheJediBrah

Travis Head the new Michael Clarke/Joe Root

These pitches are a joke. Only positive is that it's backfired on the perpetrators

morgieb

A side with Ashwin/Jadeja/Bumrah/Shami/Axar is worse than Ashwin/Jadeja/Umesh/Ishant/Bhuvi? ?
The bowling has improved (but was already pretty decent) but India’s batting back then was genuinely excellent - I don’t feel like that’s the case now.

Xix2565

International Debutant
The bowling has improved (but was already pretty decent) but India’s batting back then was genuinely excellent - I don’t feel like that’s the case now.
I mean we've Rohit/Mayank/Iyer/Pant, hardly a backwards step that impacts the leap the bowling took. Feels like you're way too down on India in India.

Anyway Head should be arrested for stealing Maxi's mojo and spot.