• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
I mean we've Rohit/Mayank/Iyer/Pant, hardly a backwards step that impacts the leap the bowling took. Feels like you're way too down on India in India.

Anyway Head should be arrested for stealing Maxi's mojo and spot.
Mayank is a great player of spin but feel like Gill will replace him this time which won't be bad as he really likes to dominate Starc.
Iyer Pant down the order are real upgrade on Rahane Saha in India. Both bat in ODI mode.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well that's fairly comprehensive I suppose.

A win in Pakistan and now at worst a drawn series here is the best return Aus has had in Asian over a test cycle in ages. Good signs.

The impact of Khawaja has been enormous. A genuinely fine slow wicket player. Makes a massive, massive difference at the top of the order.

Spark

Global Moderator

A win in Pakistan and now at worst a drawn series here is the best return Aus has had in Asian over a test cycle in ages. Good signs.

The impact of Khawaja has been enormous. A genuinely fine slow wicket player. Makes a massive, massive difference at the top of the order.
Goes to show that you really can apply yourself and develop an all-round slow wicket game if you put the time in. Fancy calling Khawaja an accomplished player of spin bowling in the subcontinent circa 2015 or so

TheJediBrah

Seconds spinner is a real problem. It would have been good had Agar got a run in this series to see if he could have an impact on SC turners. I don't favour Swepson over there vs India or Holland for that matter. And I think it's too big an ask for TSang to dayboo there and have an real impact.
My opinion has strengthened that on wickets like this wrist-spinners are a waste of time. As much as finger spinners are an inferior species in every way, when the pitch is doing the work for you giving it an extra rip is pointless. Head or Maxwell would be more effective than Swepson, and probably T.Sang. Unless you've got a leggie that is just super accurate and quicker like a Kumble.

If they get on some pitches that are a bit more typical Asia rather than tailor-curated dustbowls then the leggie might come in handy though.

Is it not 3 Tests?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Another failure for Smith after scoring lesser than all the pak batsmen in the previous series.

Should be dropped for the India tour if he fails again in the next innings.
Now Cummins couldn't get a single wicket too while head gets the tail out. Should Smith and Cummins be dropped from the Aussie test team? Discuss.

Burgey

Only two tests I believe.

this one ended before lunch day three after about 35 overs were lost on day two. I can’t remember Aus being involved in too many shorter than that in terms of overs in recent times (154 overs I think it was).
SL batted for less than a day’s worth of overs in total over two innings. Fer shame

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Seconds spinner is a real problem. It would have been good had Agar got a run in this series to see if he could have an impact on SC turners. I don't favour Swepson over there vs India or Holland for that matter. And I think it's too big an ask for TSang to dayboo there and have an real impact.
Daily reminder....

Spark

Global Moderator
Only two tests I believe.

this one ended before lunch day three after about 35 overs were lost on day two. I can’t remember Aus being involved in too many shorter than that in terms of overs in recent times.
Shortest since that infamous Sharjah Test in 2002 where Hayden won by an innings on his own apparently