• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This was always a "this is something he should work on and hopefully add to his game with more experience and a lot of practice" thing though not a "I expect him to turn into Matthew Hayden incarnate on spinning pitches this season".
What you’re saying (rightly) is that the should simply hit them back over their heads for six.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah green has the height and the reach to just run down and nurdle the spin, just a bit worried that his idea of camping on the backfoot won't work as well here as it did in Pak.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah green has the height and the reach to just run down and nurdle the spin, just a bit worried that his idea of camping on the backfoot won't work as well here as it did in Pak.
Not on the backfoot here but this dismissal gives me real Ollie pope vs Yasir shah before england's subcontinent tour vibes.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
That was ****ing grim from marnus. Got suprised by the bounce, which is weird since i've seen him own lyon with that shot in the shield many-a-times.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That let-off uzzie got is the exact kind of thing marnus would have gotten 12 months ago and made 80 from.
yep

Read somewhere that Marnus had been dropped more times than any other player in world cricket since his test debut

You generally need skill AND luck to score runs

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I do think being aggressive but not stupid is the right approach here though. Trying to just bay out the day will probably lead to carnage. I hope Smith has that approach too. Marnus was smoking the orthodox sweeps then does that. pretty dire.

Always looks bad when you get out to a reverse sweep.

Shady Slim

International Coach
it's been that long since australia played that i forgot it's simply impossible for usman khawaja to be dismissed

Aritro

International Regular
I'm not convinced Jeff Vandersay knows where the pitch ends and the outfield begins but I haven't ruled his getting three wickets