• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2012

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hey guys, if they didn't go off, they would still be playing. Great insight Cozier..

Anyway, this innings has been kind of boring, not sure if I could be bothered staying up too much longer.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
So basically 90 ahead with 5 sessions left and scoring currently looking pretty tough. One would assume they'll be another shower at some point tomorrow.

I would guess maybe only 2 sessions to bowl out the Windies

WindieWeathers

International Regular
WW, the Roach decision was inconclusive either way - I'd hardly be going on about how it was a "pathetic" move by the umpires, DRS wouldn't have overturned it regardless.
Yep and yet they overturned the Clark decision in the first test which was also inconclusive!! 8-) ,

Similarly, the Powell LBW would have been overturned on review - nobody's fault bar Powell/Bravo that it wasn't reviewed. Mistakes occasionally happen, umpiring 140km+ bowling isn't the easiest job in the world, let me tell you that. Ideally umpires should get it right, but occasionally they don't, hence DRS. Can hardly complain when Powell could have reviewed it but didn't.
I just expect the umpires to know when the ball is outside the line!!.. it's one thing if they miss a faint edge or something but that was just poor imo.

And FFS what has Sammy done wrong? He averages 17 with the bat and 30 with the ball, sure, not brilliant stats, but they're nowhere near as dire as you seem to think. Shillingford and Deonarine are taking wickets because, funnily enough, the pitch is turning, and he used Roach well down the other end. If you have two spinners taking wickets, and one fast man doing well too, all he needs to do is rotate himself and Edwards as required.
Erm excuse me he's dropped more vital catches then i care to even remember (one today aswell) and his bowling average is bumped up by the good figures he good against bangledash, he's no more than a two wicket per innings bowler at best and even that has dried up of late, his batting is nothing more than hit and hope too which was evident when he produced that utterly stupid shot in the first innings, WE'VE GOT BETTER WAITING IN THE WINGS, that's what's hurting the WI fans right now, Jason Holder, Carlos Brathwaite, Shannon Gabriel and Kevin Mcclean to name a few, he's just a waste of space imo and we're better off giving some young talent a chance now.

Last edited:

WindieWeathers

International Regular
ROOOAAAAACCCCHHHHH you little beauty!!!..my word he's looking special again and i'm delighted to see young Kemar show his class :D , the whole of last year it was only Rampaul making a splash but now Roach has joined the party is can only bode well for the future.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
ROOOAAAAACCCCHHHHH you little beauty!!!..my word he's looking special again and i'm delighted to see young Kemar show his class :D , the whole of last year it was only Rampaul making a splash but now Roach has joined the party is can only bode well for the future.
So now you're getting it!

Until proven otherwise, Roach and Rampaul are by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar WI best bowlers!

It's really sad that WI wickets are so under-prepared as to make guys like Benn ann and Deonarine look like world beaters

IMO, Narine may well go to England, average 100, and be a has been before he was an ever was

stumpski

International Captain
Ah well, it looks like only four sessions remaining now, and the lead still only 120 ... I look forward every year to a few weeks of cricket from the West Indies, on at a perfect time for most UK-based viewers. But the enjoyment is somewhat diluted when it rains for half the match. :(

Cricketismylife

U19 12th Man
[QUOTE Erm excuse me he's dropped more vital catches then i care to even remember (one today aswell) and his bowling average is bumped up by the good figures he good against bangledash, he's no more than a two wicket per innings bowler at best and even that has dried up of late, his batting is nothing more than hit and hope too which was evident when he produced that utterly stupid shot in the first innings, WE'VE GOT BETTER WAITING IN THE WINGS, that's what's hurting the WI fans right now, Jason Holder, Carlos Brathwaite, Shannon Gabriel and Kevin Mcclean to name a few, he's just a waste of space imo and we're better off giving some young talent a chance now.[/QUOTE]

He did win a test against Pakistan and he can be relied on to keep it tight, plus 2 wickets per innings is ok when you consider the likes of Mcgrath took around 2-2.5 wickets per innings. He's just harshly treated by his style of bowling. He will never be a world beater, but at the same time hes definitely good enough to get into this Windies side.

Here is another illustration of the stats vs watching/experts arguments. Everyone (fans, commentators/experts, opposing batsman) would say that Fidel Edwards is a better bowler than Sammy. He looks like a better bowler with many more weapons, and I'm sure if you asked most batsman who they would rather face out of Edwards and Sammy they'd say Sammy.

But the fact remains that thus far Sammy has shown so far that he's a better bowler than Edwards, whether you or I or anyone else likes it. He has to do this for a longer period to confirm this, but if he does we have no choice to accept he is better than Edwards. And to be honest, I wouldnt be surprised if Sammy returns better figures than Edwards after the 3 England tests, I can see Pietersen potentially taking him to the cleaners though.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So far Sammy has been a better Test bowler, batsman and fielder than Edwards. The West Indian Sammy haters are a ****ing pathetic bunch. Somehow people have this idea that being too **** to ever field in the slips or being too **** to bat at all makes you a prime target compared to someone who's just plain **** at those things. I'm sick of hearing from the whingers jumping on Sammy because he hits a daft shot or drops a catch - why don't you all just **** off back a few years when you got obliterated by all and sundry and bask in that past glory.

There will be a time, hopefully, when West Indies evolve beyond having Sammy in their side. But they're nowhere near that point yet. It's the same as when England had Hussain as captain. He was a pretty mediocre bat to put it mildly but he helped get England going in the right direction. It's utterly laughable the way nutjobs think Sammy is somehow keeping out world beaters - some of whom have ****ed off to the IPL and the rest are bowlers on some of the most consistently low scoring grounds I've seen in domestic cricket anywhere in the world.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So far Sammy has been a better Test bowler, batsman and fielder than Edwards. The West Indian Sammy haters are a ****ing pathetic bunch. Somehow people have this idea that being too **** to ever field in the slips or being too **** to bat at all makes you a prime target compared to someone who's just plain **** at those things. I'm sick of hearing from the whingers jumping on Sammy because he hits a daft shot or drops a catch - why don't you all just **** off back a few years when you got obliterated by all and sundry and bask in that past glory.

There will be a time, hopefully, when West Indies evolve beyond having Sammy in their side. But they're nowhere near that point yet. It's the same as when England had Hussain as captain. He wasn't a pretty mediocre bat to put it mildly but he helped get England going in the right direction. It's utterly laughable the way nutjobs think Sammy is somehow keeping out world beaters - some of whom have ****ed off to the IPL and the rest are bowlers on some of the most consistently low scoring grounds I've seen in domestic cricket anywhere in the world.
:clapping: