• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

DriveClub

International Regular
Who has the largest heart, Siddle or Wagner? Since Siddle became a vegan his heart must have shrunk a bit so I give it to WAGner the lion heart/brave heart #runsinallday

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Wagner actually is pre-vegetarian Siddle. They smuggled him across to NZ in a box of bananas one day, and sent us back a less venomous, Indian-style vegetarian medium pace plodder.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe I`m being a bit daft... but is it normal for Aus to announce the team selection the evening before the match?

Burgey

Yeah it's not uncommon. And a lot better than announcing a 16 man squad a week out from the first test like we did against England in 2010-2011

Burgey

I think it's fairly indicative of a set up that didn't know wtaf it was trying to do.

Spikey

"Aussie captains lead the attack. From history, you look at guys that are great players like Steve Waugh, he stands out. I don't think many people can name a team underneath him but you remember Steve Waugh," Steyn said

I love you Dale Steyn but that's also a dumb, nonsensical comment. everyone remembers the players underneath him ffs
This sounds like a guy trying to pretend GS Blewett 214 never happened

1st Test: South Africa v Australia at Johannesburg, Feb 28-Mar 4, 1997 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Spikey

Maybe I`m being a bit daft... but is it normal for Aus to announce the team selection the evening before the match?
If they're confident, they do it, if they've lost a match and have to pin the blame somewhere, it'll happen at the toss. I associate it with Clarke, his very first team was announced the night before iirc

Zinzan

Got to hope this Perth track isn't the road they rolled out for the NZ/Aus 2nd test last year.

Midwinter

State Captain
From another forum,

" Brace yourself for a pretty good batting track, looked at the pitch yesterday arvo and once the grass is shaved off which is a certainty the batsman should be licking their chops. But lets just hope they leave the live grass on it."

Nufan to confirm

:)

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm glad this is the last time the WACA is going to poison the annals of Test cricket.

Loose Cannon

U19 Debutant
I can't wait for every single ball carrying to the slips, the ball quickening up when it pitches and a medical professional from Fremantle rocking up.

SeamUp

International Coach
KP & Warney will probably be sucking each other off the whole series on comms.

Look, KP is already swimming up Warney's ass with his finger - hence the stiffness in the comm team pic...