• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ha. Reminds me of the woman in court on charges of assaulting her husband by beating him up with his guitar collection. Judge comes on the bench, gets a quick outline of the case from the prosecutor then asks 'First offender?" to which the woman says "No, first a Gibson, then a Fender".

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Sounds like another boring road might be on the cards at the WACA. If so, it only further confirms that moving big tests to the new stadium is the right move.

vcs

The amount of bollocks these Aussie cricketers spout about the "mental" side of the game.. you'd think they all had advanced degrees in psychology or something. Do any other country's cricketers talk so much about it?

Daemon

@stphn Nah not really imo

"So if it helps your game do it, but I don't think you should force it. I think that'd be like me trying to bat like Ricky Ponting. The guys have got to work out what they feel is best for them individually and as a team and go for it. But if it doesn't suit your personality then I wouldn't try to be someone I'm not."

Top_Cat

I dunno, they both could have given not being a **** a try on occasion.

Ha. Reminds me of the woman in court on charges of assaulting her husband by beating him up with his guitar collection. Judge comes on the bench, gets a quick outline of the case from the prosecutor then asks 'First offender?" to which the woman says "No, first a Gibson, then a Fender".
There's no way that actually happened.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
@stphn Nah not really imo
You always have people in a team willing to talk..... I think the real reason you get to talk smack is cause you earned it.... Aus earned the talk in 90`s and early 2000`s... when the team lost its aura and players, certain players continued to talk because it was what they were used to, and got egg on their face a couple of times.

Its why I dont like SA talk smack we haven`t earned it yet. As SeamUp said earlier Steyn can say whatever he likes... the rest should shut-up and get on with the game.

Top_Cat

The irony, of course, is that Steyn rarely chirps. His Insta and Twit suggest a bloke not short on opinions either. One of the many reasons to adore the bloke.

Spikey

Also don't begrudge Steyn saying what he wants to, tbh. I don't think it's the first time he's had something to say, and fair enough too. You can't defend McGrah jibbering before every series he played and have a crack at Steyn for the same thing.

Important thing is everyone has their Steyn-follow-through-looking-like-Chris-Isaak meme pics ready for day one.
I'm on it. I tried to use it the other day and much to my disappointment couldn't see it in my bookmarks

Spikey

hope the series ends with dale steyn bopping mohammad shami for six over long on

flibbertyjibber

Can't wait to see Rabada in an overseas test on a pitch he may get some use from. Think he is the real deal and can't wait to see how he goes. Going to be a tight series I think, add in the day/night test and it is a fascinating battle. Probably be more of a contest than my lot getting skittled by Ashwin and co anyway.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Can't wait to see Rabada in an overseas test on a pitch he may get some use from. Think he is the real deal and can't wait to see how he goes. Going to be a tight series I think, add in the day/night test and it is a fascinating battle. Probably be more of a contest than my lot getting skittled by Ashwin and co anyway.
Yep, Rabada is what I'm most looking forward to about this series. Would be Starc too except I'm worried that gash has set him back. Still can't believe that was allowed to happen.

Both batting lineups look pretty weak but australian pitches being dead roads these days could be a run feast.

Top_Cat

Bloke's going to be a weapon anywhere but I'm especially looking forward to his work in England when he tours there.

Heboric

International Debutant
I was wondering has there been an official prediction from the Glenn McGrath Prediction Institute[SUP]tm[/SUP] yet