• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Pakistan 2022

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I don’t know that Neser would have much of an impact in Pakistan tbh, but it’s still a shame he’s injured of course.
Pretty much exactly my thoughts. Never like to see injuries, but I highly doubt he would have got any game time in Pakistan anyway

If JRichardson isn't fit enough to go then I wouldn't honestly bother with replacing him in the squad

Kraken

International 12th Man
Pretty much exactly my thoughts. Never like to see injuries, but I highly doubt he would have got any game time in Pakistan anyway

If JRichardson isn't fit enough to go then I wouldn't honestly bother with replacing him in the squad
i agree with you that they shouldn’t replace him within the squad, however I would suggest they will, owing to covid and tbh e possibilities of max absences etc

Kirkut

International Regular
I'm not sure if a 4 person bowling attack or a 5 person attack is suitable for Australia here. Maybe a 5 bowlers is the way to go since Australia doesn't really bat too deep, Starc/Haze/Cummins and Lyon/Swepson or Lyon/Agar.

Kraken

International 12th Man
I'm not sure if a 4 person bowling attack or a 5 person attack is suitable for Australia here. Maybe a 5 bowlers is the way to go since Australia doesn't really bat too deep, Starc/Haze/Cummins and Lyon/Swepson or Lyon/Agar.
haha what? Australia has the best batting tail in world cricket. If they ever went 2 spinners, Cameron Green will be the3rd seamer

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Will be interesting to see how Green goes in SC. Will he be in the first team given his bowling won't be of much use in SC?
Green has been the best shield batsmen in Australia over the past 3 season's and has done perfectly fine for a #6 debutant who's been facing some strong pace attacks on majority bowler friendly wickets. He makes it into the test team even if he doesn't bowl.

alloutcricketer

Cricket Spectator
As my first post, why not comment on the series I am most looking forward to this year (so far) and one with a huge global impact in cricket.

Top class test cricket returns to Pakistan and every fan should be tuning in, with two good squads. I think Australia has the far better test players but in these conditions, Pakistan has had the rub on them for a decade, so this will be a close call.

Barring bad weather, I think Pakistan take the series 2-1, with Australia finding a way to win something.

The best XIs I can see across the sides are:

Pak
1. Shafique: Pakistan's new bright young thing
2. Masood: warranted a come back
3. Ali: possibly his last test series if it does not go well, but at home he should be able to find some form
4. Azam c
5. Alam
6. Rizwan wk
7. Ashraf: a decent pace bowling all rounder
8. Hasan Ali
9. Shaheen Afridi
10. Sajid Khan: straight from his heroics in Bangladesh
11. Nauman Ali: part of the spin duo, worth persisting at least in the first test

Aus
1. Warner
2. Harris
3. Khawaja: not as good away but hard to ignore atm
4. Labuschagne: crunch time for the young man in alien conditions
5. Smith
6. Carey wk: neither of Australia's keeping hopefuls are great but at least Carey has some top level experience
7. Mitch Marsh: certainly can bat higher
8. Agar
9. Lyon
10. Cummins c
11. Starc