• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Pakistan 2022

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Now that's a shock. I would've thought the NZ thing would've meant for sure that at best it was to be played in the UAE.

Not expecting a lot out of the tour but it's good to see Australia actually play overseas for once. Good timezone for the working Australian too.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Should have stayed over a couple of days longer and made it an even 3 match in each format tour.

But still, very happy it is T20s that get shafted, though would have been just as happy if ODIs were shafted. But I guess Pak earns more with ODIs.

Spark

Global Moderator
Should have stayed over a couple of days longer and made it an even 3 match in each format tour.

But still, very happy it is T20s that get shafted, though would have been just as happy if ODIs were shafted. But I guess Pak earns more with ODIs.
I'd be curious to see what it's like these days but yeah last I checked a few years ago, ODIs were still where the big money was for international boards. Hence the rise of the random disconnected JAMODI series not tied to anything else.

I guess that's still true because those are, if anything, even more of a thing.

morgieb

Don't actually expect this to happen but a 3 test series is sweet
I think them announcing it suggests that the parties at least want it to happen. I think Australia would have to give at least some kind of reason to withdraw, though finding one probably won't be that hard.

trundler

I think them announcing it suggests that the parties at least want it to happen. I think Australia would have to give at least some kind of reason to withdraw, though finding one probably won't be that hard.
Just the fact that its CA makes the tour very unlikely. A tour to Pakistan, no less. For reasons valid or spurious, there's probably like a 1% chance of this happening. i'll settle for a series in UAE tho.

Shady Slim

International Coach
I'd be curious to see what it's like these days but yeah last I checked a few years ago, ODIs were still where the big money was for international boards. Hence the rise of the random disconnected JAMODI series not tied to anything else.

I guess that's still true because those are, if anything, even more of a thing.
really? that is an honest surprise to me tbh, where does the money come from though?

because here at least it seems the interest in those series is next to nil, especially given even the home ones are often behind the paywall now

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
My simple theory is longer games = more ad slots and revenue for broadcasters, and therefore more money from the TV guys.

Spark

Global Moderator
really? that is an honest surprise to me tbh, where does the money come from though?

because here at least it seems the interest in those series is next to nil, especially given even the home ones are often behind the paywall now
TV rights. A lot of people still watch ODIs (esp in the subcontinent), they're way cheaper to run than Test matches for the boards (a big factor), and there's tons of ad slots to monetise.

The paywall factor only applies to Australia, and even then only in Australia.

Gob

International Coach
Smith and co to pull out for fatigue reasons and show up in the IPL a month after.

Starc should lead the side.
Still enough time for family man Pat to knock his missus pregnant enough to pull out