• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Pakistan 2022

ataraxia

International Coach
IMO it's a nice stat but "middled" gives off the way wrong impression. The problem is, there's no great word to use there. Hit? Or remove the middled, and just show edged/beaten/left. Not that that's a perfect solution.

But yes, Babar is hax

jayjay

U19 Cricketer
Babar is simply supreme. If he gets to play enough tests in the coming 5-6 years, he should easily be averaging 50 with about 6k runs under his belt. The problem is Pakistan play such little test cricket these days, he will probably be stuck on about 70 tests.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Marnus, green and benny dwarshius all handed debut's, bowling looks a bit light with stoin/green to share 5th bowler duties.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Very happy that the tour went without any incidents from all accounts most Australian players seemed very happy with the arrangements hopefully this opens the doors for regular tours in the future by all Western teams.

Results wise not the best but glad in a way Rambo Raja pitch doctoring backfired. Due to fear of Aus pace attack they cut of Shaheen legs who was their biggest weapon with the ball and putting all their eggs in two pathetic uncles basket and in the end it was poetic justice Cummins n co still wrecked them with reverse. Shaheen is not your typical Pak pacer who relies on skidding reverse stuff his main weapons are pace bounce and conventional swing sure there was a chance that Aus pacers would have wrecked us more but atleast it would have lead to more watchable cricket .
I will keep Babar as captain the captaincy does not effect his batting atleast not yet and tactics wise he is not the best but I think he will do well with a strong coach who is good with the strategies someone like an Andy Flower or Tom Moody who both coach in PSl so could be roped in for the job.

Despite the less then ideal results I like the core that is coming together Abdullah and Naseem were the biggest positives in the series and hopefully they continue to develop on this. Biggest area of concern is the spin department the uncles were awful and should have been binned after the 2nd test Yasir is almost done and Shadab does not seem interested in test cricket so there is a desperate need to identify two young spinners (Abrar Ahmed?)at the domestic circuit and back them to get results.

Once again thanks to Cricket Australia for making this happen and hope to.see them again in Pakistan with better pitches.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I will keep Babar as captain the captaincy does not effect his batting atleast not yet and tactics wise he is not the best but I think he will do well with a strong coach who is good with the strategies someone like an Andy Flower or Tom Moody who both coach in PSl so could be roped in for the job.
I wondered if he was hamstrung tactically because of the decks prepared. He tended to go to the negative tactics pretty quickly, and I presume that was only because the pitches didn't help him attack more at times.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Rizwan is getting on my nerves I liked him more when he played with heart on sleeve his new avatar of acting like Munna bhai MBBS (aka I am a nice happy chap please hug me) is taking steel and grit out of his game hopefully he rediscover this part of his game as that's what made him so good

Xuhaib

International Coach
I wondered if he was hamstrung tactically because of the decks prepared. He tended to go to the negative tactics pretty quickly, and I presume that was only because the pitches didn't help him attack more at times.
He's never displayed any captaincy acumen since his youth days so I am not surprised he can look clueless but he's a great student and I think will do well if he has a coach who is good with tactics as Babar will not over rule and follow through his plan to the tee.Him being the best player by far in the side helps him as per the Pakistani culture you follow and respect the best performer.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Don't get the criticism about Rizwan. He wasn't consistent with the bat like previous tours but very good with the gloves. Allowed to have sub par series isn't he?