• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Pakistan 2022

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah nah something is genuinely up with Smith's reflex's, when he was getting worked out by Wagner he was still reliable at slip, been a liability since the India series. Don't think we'll ever see pre-covid Smith again.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah nah something is genuinely up with Smith's reflex's, when he was getting worked out by Wagner he was still reliable at slip, been a liability since the India series. Don't think we'll ever see pre-covid Smith again.
It's not a reflex thing. It's a hell of an effort that he's getting to some of these in all from how poorly he's set himself up.

It's entirely technical. Poor reflexes don't explain why he's getting up so early.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What do you wan them to do ffs?
Slog after getting to 350 and get to 400.

If they set say 400 with 110 overs it would've made an Australian win less likely, but perhaps going from 60% to 55%. In contrast it would've been like a 5% chance at the very most that Pakistan pull off a miracle. I think 350 in 120 you would've given Pakistan a 20% chance of winning.

I was being hyperbolic with my last sentence for extreme measure, but the first thing you should do while setting a declaration is "what position would have the largest percentage gap between my team winning and the opposition winning". As it is, I don't think Cummins did that and it could cost him in the worst way possible.

OverratedSanity

It's not a reflex thing. It's a hell of an effort that he's getting to some of these in all from how poorly he's set himself up.

It's entirely technical. Poor reflexes don't explain why he's getting up so early.
He's going the wrong way entirely on some of these

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Normally you would think this is too many runs to get in the 4th innings especially with new batsman likely to find it hard to score quickly. But after my Headingley 2019 England have zero chance of winning prediction anything seems to go these days. :tooth:

OverratedSanity

Yeah, but that's also related to coming up too quickly.
Maybe. But it also could be a case of compensating for diminished reflexes where he's trying to pre empt where to go instead of relying on last second reflexes. Not sure I buy that his reflexes have suddenly gone tho.

anil1405

International Captain
Lol

Mate they’ve set a tough target and declared three down to do it. If they don’t get a result so
be it but I’d rather this than batting into tomorrow and guaranteeing no result as an option. What do you wan them to do ffs?
Bat for 30 more minutes, get 30-40 more runs and take Pakistan victory substantially out of the equation. Not a bad trade off for batting additional 30 minutes.

Spark

Global Moderator
I would have batted for another 4 or 5 overs as well but 280 is a big score to get on the last day on a wearing pitch that is behaving inconsistently. Pakistan have started well but they've had a healthy slice of luck so far and Aus ought to feel confident. Swepson bowling T20 darts instead of actual leg breaks is the only real concern.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Slog after getting to 350 and get to 400.

If they set say 400 with 110 overs it would've made an Australian win less likely, but perhaps going from 60% to 55%. In contrast it would've been like a 5% chance at the very most that Pakistan pull off a miracle. I think 350 in 120 you would've given Pakistan a 20% chance of winning.

I was being hyperbolic with my last sentence for extreme measure, but the first thing you should do while setting a declaration is "what position would have the largest percentage gap between my team winning and the opposition winning". As it is, I don't think Cummins did that and it could cost him in the worst way possible.
yeah agree, Australia would be absolutely filthy with themselves if they lose this series after the way second and third test have gone - and it's a genuine possibility right now.

jayjay

U19 Cricketer
I would have batted for another 4 or 5 overs as well but 280 is a big score to get on the last day on a wearing pitch that is behaving inconsistently. Pakistan have started well but they've had a healthy slice of luck so far and Aus ought to feel confident. Swepson bowling T20 darts instead of actual leg breaks is the only real concern.
Yeah, the bounce is inconsistent now, Starc and Cummins are moments away from reverse swing these days....but if Pakistan can apply themselves and take it step by step, no reason why they can't get 280 odd in a day's worth of cricket.

ParwazHaiJunoon

First Class Debutant
There's no way Pakistan is winning this.

Australia are 1 wicket away from famous (Pak lollapse &) a win.

Pakistan's worries are coupled by the fact that Sajid is #7 & Fawad at 5 is even worse than Sajid on current form!

Gob

International Coach
Should have slogged for five more overs. It also makes a huge difference to bowler's mind set when you have more cushion

smash84

The Tiger King
yeah, seems like Aus should have batted longer but this is more than enough to fend pakistan off and pull off a win