• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in New Zealand

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Managing to follow this game on the internet and looks fairly even so far, though have concerns about NZ's batting line up without Taylor.

I confess I did not think Hopkins was at all capable of ever scoring runs, so was surprised and moderately impressed that he got a few against Australia's express 20/20 attack. A dozen more innings like those and he might have made up for the last few years of mediocrity at every opportunity. Surely Franklin won't bat at 4 - they're only joking right?

Ouch, sixes. And yay, a catch!

Daz

Cricket Spectator
Franklin dismissed White, but only bowled 3 deliveries & Styris finished the over
Taylor, New Zealand's top batsman ruled out and they replace him with a wicketkeeper/batsman ?????? When will NZ coaches ever learn, thats something
Graham Henry would do with the All Black. You replace a batsman with a batsman especially against Australia. Bring on Williamson !!!

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah I'd say our lineup would be more likely to be
Baz
Pinga
Guptill
Styris
Franklin/Broom
Broom/Franklin
Hopkins
Vettori
etc.

Than Franklin batting 4 straight up. Think our lineup was always going to be dependant on match situation in this game.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reckon a shortened game will work to New Zealand's advantage .... Wouldn't mind if we had to get 235 off 40 overs of something

Athlai

Not Terrible
Best crowds NZ has had in a while in terms of Kiwi passion. Seen some big crowds with many Indian and English fans in recent years but good to see the locals out in force to give the Aussie's some serious heat.

Athlai

Not Terrible
NZ been looking for partnerships up top?

Uh... since 2008
McCullum and Ryder have scored 1008 runs from 19 innings with 3 50+ scores and 5 100+. Only Gambhir and Sehwag have more and only Sehwag and Tendulkar are within 200 runs of them. Fully fit we have a very solid limited overs top order.

Not the same in Tests though.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I realise that Ingram will improve once he gets his eye in and will hit some fours soon. But in these first stages of his inning he looks out classed. Same thing last inning.