• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in New Zealand

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why can't it be Broom that's injured ffs, then no-one would care, lets be honest

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
What is it about Chappell-Hadlee that inspires the NZ boys?

They've got a better recent record in CH ODIs than Australia - yet have lost their last 13 non CH matches.
Most of that the 5-0 drubbing at home in 2005, where we sucked big time. And losing all 4 in the tri-series in 2007, where we run them close a couple of times.

The others were probably overseas in big tournaments, probably India, England, SA, and WI. And of course Australia is known for performing under pressure.

I'd say our ODI team is a lot better than in 2005, and that since then when we play at home we are pretty tough to beat. Also, NZ and Australia pitches probably suit us better, and when we do play Australia at a neutral venue, generally we fail under pressure.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So good finally having Foxtel now instead having to resort to watching a dodgy live stream.

Franklin at 4 looks WAY too high.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yourself, Polo & Broom's old man .....that'd be about it though :p
*cough*

This is ridiculous. I love Franklin but he shouldn't be batting at 4, especially when you have a top order player (Broom) being wasted down the order. Wtf is with these selections? Broom shouldn't be playing really on ODI form, Franklin still seems out of depth in his new role and Hopkins in the side and keeping just pains me beyond belief.

Zinzan

*cough*

This is ridiculous. I love Franklin but he shouldn't be batting at 4, especially when you have a top order player (Broom) being wasted down the order. Wtf is with these selections? Broom shouldn't be playing really on ODI form, Franklin still seems out of depth in his new role and Hopkins in the side and keeping just pains me beyond belief.
agree with most of that

Zinzan

They'll do well to get through the new ball these two batsmen. Looking all at sea atm, must be said.

Zinzan

Southee looking good today. Need to get this pitch in Hamilton I reckon.
Good to see him consistently hitting 140kms, by no means express, but definitely 3-4 kms up on the last couple of years.

Zinzan

These two flicking the switch now, they did well to get through the first ten unscathed

Days of Grace

International Captain
Really need to have them 2 down at least after 15 overs.

It will be carnage later on with such a small ground and with wickets in hand.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Franlin really needs to step up today. Batting at four and bowling first change at 128ks.

If he can't score and can't take wickets - they what is his purpose in this team?

Great fielding from McCullum. Love how his shirt is so much tighter than everyone elses. He's a machine.