• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in New Zealand

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Surely it won't matter with Vettori coming into the side, and Styris keeping his spot.

If they were to go for another bowling option, surely it would Tuffey/Southee making way for McCullum.

Last edited:

shivfan

Banned
Johnson has prior form, he got quite fired up during a warm up in the ashes for what seemed a non-issue. Fired up hasn't seemed to work for him yet.
Funny how Johnson only got fined, but didn't get a two-match ban, like Suleimann Benn....

What does Johnson have to do to get a two-match ban? Kill someone?
:laugh:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well if he pleads guilty, it is looked upon favourably.

Build up of offences will eventually lead to a ban.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Mason's not a totally bad choice. He hasn't disgraced himself in his ODI career and has been in good form in List A for a while now and wasn't exactly disgracing himself before he was dropped.

I mean, we could've gone back to Chris Martin...

Mixmasterreece

U19 Debutant
Mason's not a totally bad choice. He hasn't disgraced himself in his ODI career and has been in good form in List A for a while now and wasn't exactly disgracing himself before he was dropped.

I mean, we could've gone back to Chris Martin...
Michael Mason??? Fully Sick! While we are at it lets get Lancer Hamiltron out of retirement.

Flem274*

123/5
Michael Mason kinda came out of no where. He is quite high up the MVP though, maybe thats what the selectors are picking off?

Wonder what Brent Arnel has to do to get a game.

thierry henry

International Coach
tbh I reckon Mason is the right choice and the best available bowler. Actually I think in terms of selector's decisions he's probably the unluckiest bowler of the last 5 years in NZ, in that he's shown he can be competent at international level yet has been tried very few times.

Don't care that he's old, only care about the current series.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
tbh I reckon Mason is the right choice and the best available bowler. Actually I think in terms of selector's decisions he's probably the unluckiest bowler of the last 5 years in NZ, in that he's shown he can be competent at international level yet has been tried very few times.

Don't care that he's old, only care about the current series.
Yep, completely agree. The decision has surprised me, but it's not a bad one by any stretch of the imagination.