• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in New Zealand

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Probably deserve to get kicked off the site for saying this, but I am tipping NZ to pinch a Test match in this series.

At the end of a long, endless Summer, I think the Aussies could be a bit vulnerable.

Am also tipping a ripper of an ODI series - love the small grounds over there.
Don't think NZ will be that competitive in Tests.

Craig

World Traveller
You only have to lightly pat a NZ fast bowler on the back/shoulder and he is out for 6 months. HTFU.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone know who the guest Aussie commentator will be for this series? My guess is either Damien Fleming or someone else from ABC radio (which would be awesome but unlikely).

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Even though I won't see any of it, I'm looking forward to this series. N.Z. are the one team who always lift against Australia. They might not win, but they rarely get thrashed, plus they are one team who know how to play OD cricket.

Gumi

Cricket Spectator
Anyone know who the guest Aussie commentator will be for this series? My guess is either Damien Fleming or someone else from ABC radio (which would be awesome but unlikely).
I think Doull said Greg Blewett and Allan Border.

thierry henry

International Coach
Even though I won't see any of it, I'm looking forward to this series. N.Z. are the one team who always lift against Australia. They might not win, but they rarely get thrashed, plus they are one team who know how to play OD cricket.
NZ pretty much always gets thrashed by Australia in tests

Days of Grace

International Captain
According to John Bracewell, the idea was to take it to the 5th day, when Australia would be vulnerable.

Yeah, would translate to being 7 wickets down still needing another 300 to win.

wood-e

Cricket Spectator
There's actually less than a year in age difference between North and Klinger lol, and North has at least been a regular contributor at shield level for the majority of his career. But I do agree re North, unless he has a very substantial/convincing knock or two for WA at some stage in the next month he'll have to make way. I think it's a given that White will get the number 6 sport if North is left out, however I'd be pretty suprised if they took Klinger as the backup batsman. He's nearly 30 and the selectors have barely shown any interest at all over the past couple of years despite his domestic form...Don't think they see him as part of their future plans at all. Steve Smith on the other hand has hit a couple of blistering FC tons this year at 20 years of age, and we already know they want to get him close to the side if not in it to try and develop his bowling, his batting gives them an excuse to do that.

I reckon they'll take-
Watson
Katich
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
White
Haddin
Smith (North if he plays out of his skin between now and then)
Johnson
Hauritz
Bollinger
Harris
McKay (Hilfenhaus if he's miraculously fit)
Dude no matter what happens North will play the 1st test its guaranteed, Steven Smith is nowhere near earning a test place as a batsman when the likes of Klinger and David Hussey even are more qualified than him.

wood-e

Cricket Spectator
My sentiments exactly. We used to be able to carry an ordinary no6 because we had Gilly at 7 but now we need someone in there who can belt a quickfire 50 or 60 if need be or launch a rescue if the top order collapse. White is by far the best candidate for the job I just wish he would bowl a bit more than he does. I would like to see him try his hand at some medium pace stuff. I recon he would be ok at it instead of persisting with the non-spinning leggies. He`s a big strong unit so I reckon he should be able to generate a bit of pace.
You are kidding right dude whote bowling 110km medium pace would get slaughtered as would his spin.

He should never ever bowl again in any form of cricket unless absoloutely neccasary.

You only need to look at how Thilan's test career has blown up since he quit bowling.

White = test quality batsman

White = park cricket bowler

dikinee

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
You are kidding right dude whote bowling 110km medium pace would get slaughtered as would his spin.

He should never ever bowl again in any form of cricket unless absoloutely neccasary.

You only need to look at how Thilan's test career has blown up since he quit bowling.

White = test quality batsman

White = park cricket bowler
I watched him bowl a few in the nets a couple of years back and trust me he wasn`t that shabby. He was nowhere near the worst I`ve seen. I think his biggest problem is himself, he doesnt think he is any good and we all know that is half the battle with any sport, self belief.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
If White could actually spin the ball, he'd be a decent bowler.

iirc in India he was tidy with his line and length, although pretty unthreatening.