• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Was thinking 30 mins ago when Warner and Khawaja were absolutely pummelling the bowling that Aus still had a middle order that could be exploited, especially sans Faulkner, but we were a looong way from getting into that.

Yeah, halfway through it now.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
that's the one thing i didn't like about the Australian ODI world cup team - the icing begins at #5

their top four and bowling was too good for that weakness most of the time but it was something i felt could be exploited on a cloudy day
nah maxwell is more than just icing, more should be expected of him

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
that's the one thing i didn't like about the Australian ODI world cup team - the icing begins at #5

their top four and bowling was too good for that weakness most of the time but it was something i felt could be exploited on a cloudy day
Played in Oz so didn't matter

When Starc, Patto & Cummins return/develop, teams will be praying for bright, sunny days

Flem274*

123/5
yeah but he has the talent to be more than that and the only way he'll fulfil that talent is by being played in a role that demands it
i know, but it means that it's fair to judge him by that standard

what the **** was that shot there. jesus christ.
then stop doing it half arsed and put him in the top four. at #5 with australia's strong line up he can get away with biffing half his innings because he comes in late.

the top four would demand at least some accumulation almost every time.

Spark

Global Moderator
then stop doing it half arsed and put him in the top four. at #5 with australia's strong line up he can get away with biffing half his innings because he comes in late.

the top four would demand at least some accumulation almost every time.
i mean i don't think that's the worst idea but we have bailey instead

Spark

Global Moderator
it's kind of amazing that warner's record in ODIs is as kind-of-mediocre as it is when he can bat like this.