• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

Spark

Global Moderator
not quite sure about this "bang it halfway down" idea with a stacked offside field, two slips and only one deep legside fielder

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
it's kind of amazing that warner's record in ODIs is as kind-of-mediocre as it is when he can bat like this.
If his odi game had developed at the same rate as his test game, he'd be one of the best ever already

Guy just slaughters bowlers but doesn't seem to know when to back off in the shorter formats

Stapel

International Regular
not quite sure about this "bang it halfway down" idea with a stacked offside field, two slips and only one deep legside fielder
As much as I agree with you, there is always the hidden wish that, after posting those lines, such tactics bring a wicket. Nothing like dumb tactics doing the job. In any sports!

Spark

Global Moderator
As much as I agree with you, there is always the hidden wish that, after posting those lines, such tactics bring a wicket. Nothing like dumb tactics doing the job. In any sports!
how is he meant to get a wicket? he'd have to try pretty hard to pick out the one fielder out there on the full.

Spark

Global Moderator
If his odi game had developed at the same rate as his test game, he'd be one of the best ever already

Guy just slaughters bowlers but doesn't seem to know when to back off in the shorter formats
at a bare minimum he should be in the low 40s average, not in the maxwell-mmarsh-finch territory.

social

how is he meant to get a wicket? he'd have to try pretty hard to pick out the one fielder out there on the full.
Apparently this style of bowling is the sign of good bowling as it represents "variety" and keeps the batsman thinking

When I was growing up, it was referred to as a "filthy, half-tracker."

Stapel

International Regular
That's exact;y my point. But there is a joy, if, against the ods, that happens. Even more when commentators start applauding the captain for the field placement.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I actually agree with Ian Smith. Obviously Marsh is going at run a ball so its working, but he really doesn't need to bat aggressively at all. Anyway if it wins the game no one will complain I guess.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Maxwell saw a **** ball and went to pull it. It was poor execution, overreacting a teeny bit imo. He didn't sky it to mid on charging down the crease.

social

I actually agree with Ian Smith. Obviously Marsh is going at run a ball so its working, but he really doesn't need to bat aggressively at all. Anyway if it wins the game no one will complain I guess.
Oz could've shut up shop after about 15 overs, knocked the ball around with no risk and strolled to victory but that's not how we roll #intent #flakey

Spark

Global Moderator
sliding down

Maxwell saw a **** ball and went to pull it. It was poor execution, overreacting a teeny bit imo. He didn't sky it to mid on charging down the crease.
nah it wasn't that ****. nowhere near short enough to pull.